• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I purchased a triangular handguard set for my AR recently but the handguard cap on the rifle is round, not triangular. Do I have to remove the barrel to change the cap? Pretty sure I do but figured I'd ask here for any advice about doing this. I've never removed a barrel before so new project for me.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    It doesn’t have to require the barrel to be removed but could make things easier if it is. Muzzle device, gas block, and gas tube will definitely require removal. It will require a new gas tube roll pin and possibly a new crush washer for the muzzle device if that’s what is currently used. The handguard cap is retained by the gas block as it sits directly behind it and is held in place. Just my speculation without a picture for reference or any details.

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    As the front hand guard fitment piece needs to be changed , you will have to remove to barrel. You will need a amour’s wrench and a vice block for the upper receiver.

You can find tons of videos on line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    From what I've seen on YouTube, it looks like I don't have to remove the barrel but I have to remove the flash suppressor and front site post. Wish I would have thought about this before I bought the damn hand guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom