• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    https://wjla.com/news/local/man-gets-probation-for-firing-gun-in-political-sign-dispute

Biden supporter was placing a BLM sign in his yard and cracked off a shotgun round after a pro-trump supporter honked at him. He was charged with 1st and 2nd degree assault, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm. He pled guilty to the 2nd degree assault and got 18 months probation.

So they don't go forward with the serious charges, he didn't get jail time and went lose his right to own guns. But heaven forbid if a Trump supporter carries a gun...

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Hey, shotguns are POTUS approved.

God forbid if it was an AR-15...

Because you are still operating under the delusion that gun control is about public safety. If it were truly about public safety anyone who committed a crime with a gun would do serious jail time and politicians would be encouraging law abiding citizens to carry for their own protection.

Gun control has absolutely nothing to do with public safety. It's simply that the left wing politicians want to control you from cradle to grave and they can't do that as long as the population is well armed.

MiniOutrider

Mar 16, 2020
    The hypocrisy and lack of true information is going to be the end of this country.
    c809350394efca3e0330d1c2cefa2544.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Because BLM and ANTIFA are their current incarnations of Dignity Battalions and the Bolivarian Militias .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Because BLM and ANTIFA are their current incarnations of Dignity Battalions and the Bolivarian Militias .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dignity_Battalions

Didn't know about the Panamanian Dignity Battalions. Organised by Noriega around the 1989 elections, attacking his opponents and voters; even when the opposition pulled a 3 to 1 victory over Noriega's guy, N was going to declare his guy the winner. Beatings, intimidation and driving opposition candidates out of the country and seizing their property; quality hardball.

Of course the US did send $10 million to the opposition candidate, so maybe a little interference was in the mix.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Just another example...

We served a search warrant a couple months ago to help another jurisdiction with a shooting case. Ended up finding several Poly80 guns and large amount of weed and crack. One 18 year old had a Poly80 in his pants when he was detained. He is prohibited due to age and a felony conviction as a juvenile. He is doubly prohibited, in a house with 3 other felons, surrounded by weed and crack. He was charged with firearm violations.

Fast forward to this week. The same 18 year old is involved in a large shooting event in my jurisdiction on Tuesday. On Wednesday we had a double homicide shooting. Again, we believe the 18 year old is involved in this shooting. I spoke with a State's Attorney about his initial charges, which come up for court next week. They wanted to offer a no jail plea (that is their STARTING POINT in negotiations) since its his first gun offense.

The charge of prohibited person states that a person who violates this subsection is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment for not less than 5 years and not exceeding 15 years. So, screw the mandatory minimum of 5 years... NO JAIL PLEA.

You might be asking yourself, why is a prohibited person charged with a gun offense free to wander around and be involved in two shootings within 36 hours? Yea, I'm wondering the same thing myself. He had a $100 unsecure personal bond and posted that night. That means that when he fails to show up to court next week (because he knows he is a viable suspect in 2 shooting incidents that resulted in 2 deaths), he will owe the court $100.

So yea, I do agree we need some "common sense" gun laws, because the current iteration of laws we have is absurd. There need not be further restrictions on LAW ABIDING CITIZENS that prevent them from owning guns. We need to ENFORCE the existing gun laws when people commit crimes with guns.

semiinc

Oct 19, 2020
    It’s sad the way people think in the Biden era. Gonna be worse when Harris takes over in a year or two

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Just another example...

We served a search warrant a couple months ago to help another jurisdiction with a shooting case. Ended up finding several Poly80 guns and large amount of weed and crack. One 18 year old had a Poly80 in his pants when he was detained. He is prohibited due to age and a felony conviction as a juvenile. He is doubly prohibited, in a house with 3 other felons, surrounded by weed and crack. He was charged with firearm violations.

Fast forward to this week. The same 18 year old is involved in a large shooting event in my jurisdiction on Tuesday. On Wednesday we had a double homicide shooting. Again, we believe the 18 year old is involved in this shooting. I spoke with a State's Attorney about his initial charges, which come up for court next week. They wanted to offer a no jail plea (that is their STARTING POINT in negotiations) since its his first gun offense.

The charge of prohibited person states that a person who violates this subsection is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment for not less than 5 years and not exceeding 15 years. So, screw the mandatory minimum of 5 years... NO JAIL PLEA.

You might be asking yourself, why is a prohibited person charged with a gun offense free to wander around and be involved in two shootings within 36 hours? Yea, I'm wondering the same thing myself. He had a $100 unsecure personal bond and posted that night. That means that when he fails to show up to court next week (because he knows he is a viable suspect in 2 shooting incidents that resulted in 2 deaths), he will owe the court $100.

So yea, I do agree we need some "common sense" gun laws, because the current iteration of laws we have is absurd. There need not be further restrictions on LAW ABIDING CITIZENS that prevent them from owning guns. We need to ENFORCE the existing gun laws when people commit crimes with guns.
    This would be a perfect example to reference when testifying against bad gun bills. Are you able to share more details so that we can have some solid data to reference?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Unfortunately no. Thankfully, I was able to walk the prosecutor back and she didn't extend the offer... at least yet. I'm sure it's a moot point, cause this kid isn't gonna show for court tomorrow anyway.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom