• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Going for a few days to Gatlinburg then to Cherokee, NC to make a donation. Reservations made both places. Is anyone aware of any gun shops along the way? Be taking 81 to Kodak then Gatlinburg. Cherokee back to Duffield, all done during weekdays.

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    There is a Buds Gun Shop and Smokey Mt Knife works in Sevierville, TN. There are some others as well.

I am sure there is either a Bass Pro or Cabellas in Bristol as well as the Gatlinburg area.

Whether any of them will sell a firearm to somebody from MD is another question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    There is a Buds Gun Shop and Smokey Mt Knife works in Sevierville, TN. There are some others as well.

I am sure there is either a Bass Pro or Cabellas in Bristol as well as the Gatlinburg area.

Whether any of them will sell a firearm to somebody from MD is another question.

I'm a Va resident, hopefully I can buy and trade long arms since Va borders both Tn and NC. I know I can't with regulated.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

^^^^^ This!

I was born in Newport, TN, and lived in Kingsport, for a bunch of years.

When my wife and two youngest kids (now 25 and approaching 30 years old!) took my parents' cremains back to Newport, to be buried, we spent several days afterwards, in Gatlinburg.

Bud's wouldn't sell me, or my son, ANYTHING, since we are Maryland residents. (Darned shame. My son was going to pay cash for a really nice .308 bolt gun.)

Smoky Mtn. Knife Works won't sell Maryland residents any firearms, but, I've bought quite a few knives from them.

The Bass Pro near the TN/VA border (Pinnacle) is sooooooo much nicer than the one here, in Hanover, MD!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidenote: While in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge, IF you're into cars, go to the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum!!!!

I could spend DAYS there!!!!

The Titanic Museum (I think that's the name, if memory serves me) is also nothing short of FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's the answer for Destination Mega Gun Stores .

Meanwhile , in E. TN or WNC , more than half of every country strore , hardware, pawn shop , bait store,etc will have a small to mid size gun counter/ department . About half of " Pawn Shops " are essentially Gun Stores that once in a while do a pawn .

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    ^^^^^ This!

When my wife and two youngest kids (now 25 and approaching 30 years old!) took my parents' cremains back to Newport, to be buried, we spent several days afterwards, in Gatlinburg.

Bud's wouldn't sell me, or my son, ANYTHING, since we are Maryland residents. (Darned shame. My son was going to pay cash for a really nice .308 bolt gun.)

Smoky Mtn. Knife Works won't sell Maryland residents any firearms, but, I've bought quite a few knives from them.

The Bass Pro near the TN/VA border (Pinnacle) is sooooooo much nicer than the one here, in Hanover, MD!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidenote: While in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge, IF you're into cars, go to the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum!!!!

The Titanic Museum (I think that's the name, if memory serves me) is also nothing short of FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Leave tomorrow, will have time to kill before checking in. Hopefully they won't have a problem selling to Va residents. Thurs a night in Cherokee, I have a "system". :D

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I just walked out of Bass Pro Bristol TN. (The Cabelas in Bristol VA has been closed.) Nice selections on the wall. Ammo not much different from what is seen in PRM. I am visiting Mom in Blountville and plan on hitting most of the small shops in the area over the next few weeks.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    ^^^^^ This!

Saw the same thing. Guy at SMKW asked if he could help me. I told him doubt it since I'm a MD resident. He confirmed - no sales. Didn't even go to Bud's, why be frustrated.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    The Barrett factory is near Nashville. Buds was not as amazing as I thought it would be. It was still nice and they have an indoor range with full auto rentals.
    Smokey Mountain Knife works is humongous and had more guns than buds.
    They are all worth a trip if you have the time.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Went to Bud's today. HUGE but so were the prices. Bucket of THUNDERBOLT bullets were $239.00! GTFOH, I guess if they're going to send Hickock45 guns and ammo they need to jack up their prices! Giant knife place next door but meh, a knife is a knife..... didn't bother.
    NO C&R at all cept one Mosin carbine 1943, nothing special. Don't remember for sure but I "think" 600 bucks. I'm glad I bought like hell between 2017 and 2021, learned my lesson in 2009. :D 10/22's were 319 or 329.00. Tomorrow we go out again and explore, I have a wad of cash in my pocket but if it ain't worth it (imo) I'll blow it at Cherokee. :party29:

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    The “knife place” also sells guns. Tennessee is loaded with gun shops and pawn shops. I would look at some of the smaller ones for c&r stuff

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm a Va resident, hopefully I can buy and trade long arms since Va borders both Tn and NC. I know I can't with regulated.

Doesn’t matter if the states border each other, that isn’t a requirement

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    The “knife place” also sells guns. Tennessee is loaded with gun shops and pawn shops. I would look at some of the smaller ones for c&r stuff

I went to a pawn shop among the knife place and Buds. $1100 for a slightly used BAR in 7mm.... I didn't need that either.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    HIGHLY recommend the Brazilian Steak house. Cost about $132.00 with tip for 2 and it was KILLER GOOD!:thumbsup:

Highly do NOT recommend Captain Jim's. I doubt he was ever a captain or his name being Jim. total shit. :tdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom