• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I met with Del. Dwyer today and he is serious about the issue. So is Smigiel. I'd say send note of your application to them and to MSI.

We are going to track these. We intend to compile a small DB of statuses for future use in potential amicus briefs, etc. And if someone pops and asks the question, "Hey, who do we know who falls under this condition...", we will have ready access to a pool of people. Remember that Ray Woollard was originally found via this forum. We would obviously contact you directly before ever considering a release of personal info. Think of it as a judicial match-making service. ;)

I will e-mail Del Smigiel about my application, How do I notify MSI? I sent it in 1/30/12. Mine is a renewal, so I should get mine without issue. Are you guys interested in that, or more interested in denials?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Strange question. I was arrested when I was a kid for setting off firecrackers in the glorious state of NJ. It was a misdemeanor for disorderly conduct. Should I be concerned for the MD app? Also, how do I obtain this:

For #12 on page 7, include the date, circumstances, charge and attach official court disposition.

It has never affected any job application, handgun purchase or anything else ever.

Just checked into this. No arrest, just a fine like a parking ticket. Looks like I'm god to go.

Last edited:

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Wow, lots of good info in here in the past 24 hours.

I'm cautious about applying now, because it's been said before "When it's time, MSI will tell you when to apply." $125 isn't a lot of money, but I'd rather earn interest on it in my savings account if the other option is to donate it to the MSP.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

I'm cautious about applying now, because it's been said before "When it's time, MSI will tell you when to apply." $125 isn't a lot of money, but I'd rather earn interest on it in my savings account if the other option is to donate it to the MSP.

As of this afternoon, MSI told you to apply. ;)

Don't spend your rent money on the permit, don't apply if you can be rejected on objective grounds (felon, drunk, pot head, etc.), be prepared to lose the money and not get a permit. Read the latest update for more info.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County

MSI says, "If you can afford the fee, get in line."

That means nobody drops rent money. The risk is simple: the state could eff us all. If you blow that much money on ammo, food and drink then feel free to apply and go sober another night. :)

The state claims a 90%+ approval rate, and that is ********. Every app they hold or deny - as of now - is a civil rights violation. I don't care what the court calls it: it is a violation.

We will be heard.

Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010

That means nobody drops rent money. The risk is simple: the state could eff us all. If you blow that much money on ammo, food and drink then feel free to apply and go sober another night. :)

The state claims a 90%+ approval rate, and that is ********. Every app they hold or deny - as of now - is a civil rights violation. I don't care what the court calls it: it is a violation.

We will be heard.

Hell yeah! I was going to wait, but am filling out the paper work right now for my MD permit.

EDIT*: Leaving this last line for reference if anyone asks or is wondering, but I just read the form, and yes I can get the cards needed from the MSP and get fingerprinted there.*
    Anyone know if getting fingerprinted at the MSP barracks will cover it? I noticed it said something along FBI and State fingerprint cards, do I need both or something?

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    I got a question about the application. In 2002 my ex girlfriend served me with an exparte order AFTER I left the relationship. Her reasons were completely false (she actually had just gotten out of Sheppard Pratt after a 2 week stay and was awaiting trial for 2 counts of filing a false statement to a police officer) and at the hearing in CIVIL court we were granted relief from each other for one year. I cited the case numbers in my app. Would this be grounds for denial even though I am no longer subject to the order?

Also I have seen a psychiatrist for stress and depression after a family members death. Never been committed or anything. Will that disqualify me? I wouldn't put it past MSP to label me a violent mentally unstable person, even though I meet every other objective criteria.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County

We will be heard.

Patrick/MSI leadership:

I've seen lots of good information in this thread about how to apply. I would strongly suggest that someone who knows the process compile all of the steps into one place (a la Emily Miller in DC) and have that post stickied in this section. If you really want a flood of applications, make it easy on the individual water drops. B^)

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    This is my favorite line:

(25) On the attached continuation sheet, list all past employers for the last five (5) years: Must include company name, address, telephone number, dates worked, position of employment, supervisor's name and reason for leaving.

I'm a goddamn mariner. I don't remember every first I worked for on nine separate ships. Two of those ships don't even exist anymore! What a gem of a question.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    No, not there either. There is no duty to retreat law in MD, in or out of the home.

MH

You'll not find duty to retreat in most states' "laws". However it is firmly entrenched in case law that you do in fact have a duty to retreat outside of the home.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    Whether you have a duty to retreat outside the home or not, my preference would be escape instead of continue a confrontation. Every encounter is different, but my goal is for the threat to end. If I have the opportunity to remove myself from the threat, I'll take it. If I don't...well, then it's time to use some force and make a hole or drop the opponent. Everything depends on the circumstances, and if the gun never has to leave the holster, that's all the better.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Patrick/MSI leadership:

I've seen lots of good information in this thread about how to apply. I would strongly suggest that someone who knows the process compile all of the steps into one place (a la Emily Miller in DC) and have that post stickied in this section. If you really want a flood of applications, make it easy on the individual water drops. B^)

Duly noted.

slog403

May 11, 2011
    Crofton
    Joined MSI and SAF. The least I can do for now with all the hard work they've done to prove this is possible. Thanks again guys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom