• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I paid around $2200 for an original Swiss made one from 1953 and was glad to do it. If you haven't handled and shot one, you can't understand why they are so expensive. But once you have, and you comprehend the care and time that went into each one, you wonder why they aren't more expensive. The slide really feels like it's on roller bearings and the trigger is absolutely outstanding. The new ones are more ergonomic and safer than the real ones but they are not as accurate. But how accurate do you really need? I bought one for satisfaction of owning a Swiss made SIG. The thought of them so meticulously and ridiculously over-manufacturing a pistol for nothing more than issue to an officer whom they were almost 100% certain would never pull it from its holster always brings a smile to my face. It's a wonderfully fun range toy but it's woefully outdated by todays standards for a number of reasons. It's single action and it has no drop safety. Originally, the 210 had no half cock but one was quickly added and many (but not all) of the earlier ones had it added. However, even at half cock, pulling the trigger will release the hammer. Why it was designed this way I do not know but it's supposedly safe to do so. I don't care how well it was made, I wouldn't trust that. The safety can't be manipulated without two hands unless you are a gorilla. The sights are small military sights. That's fine with todays little white dots and other sighting aids but those things weren't thought of yet in the 50's. It has a heel magazine release. It's HEAVY and long too. Most people don't care about these shortcomings though because they aren't carrying them into combat. They are doing what I do; taking them to the range to make some memories and just generally enjoying the fact that they own a piece of History.
    So, to wrap up, if you decide to buy one for the joy of ownership, I recommend a Swiss one. If you can't live with the fact that you are paying well north of $2000 for a used firearm, buy a more modern but less accurate German one. If you are buying to carry, buy something else! Personally, I don't regret my purchase one little bit!

Purty pistols. :thumbsup::D

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    I paid around $2200 for an original Swiss made one from 1953 and was glad to do it. If you haven't handled and shot one, you can't understand why they are so expensive. But once you have, and you comprehend the care and time that went into each one, you wonder why they aren't more expensive. The slide really feels like it's on roller bearings and the trigger is absolutely outstanding. The new ones are more ergonomic and safer than the real ones but they are not as accurate. But how accurate do you really need? I bought one for satisfaction of owning a Swiss made SIG. The thought of them so meticulously and ridiculously over-manufacturing a pistol for nothing more than issue to an officer whom they were almost 100% certain would never pull it from its holster always brings a smile to my face. It's a wonderfully fun range toy but it's woefully outdated by todays standards for a number of reasons. It's single action and it has no drop safety. Originally, the 210 had no half cock but one was quickly added and many (but not all) of the earlier ones had it added. However, even at half cock, pulling the trigger will release the hammer. Why it was designed this way I do not know but it's supposedly safe to do so. I don't care how well it was made, I wouldn't trust that. The safety can't be manipulated without two hands unless you are a gorilla. The sights are small military sights. That's fine with todays little white dots and other sighting aids but those things weren't thought of yet in the 50's. It has a heel magazine release. It's HEAVY and long too. Most people don't care about these shortcomings though because they aren't carrying them into combat. They are doing what I do; taking them to the range to make some memories and just generally enjoying the fact that they own a piece of History.
    So, to wrap up, if you decide to buy one for the joy of ownership, I recommend a Swiss one. If you can't live with the fact that you are paying well north of $2000 for a used firearm, buy a more modern but less accurate German one. If you are buying to carry, buy something else! Personally, I don't regret my purchase one little bit!

Thanks for sharing! That thing is super cool! I'm jealous.

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    You've never shot a true target pistol I take it? I found the 210 grips too small and I have average sized hands.

I have large hands and I am happy with Nill grips on my 210-6. What is critical for me is the Tang extender. It keeps my 210 from biting me.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This thread, at least the 2017 version of it is worthless without pics.

Made the mistake of dropping by 2A yesterday. :D

e4ef2f6604a4c6c48e0e07a3c79435aa.jpg

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Stoveman please stop posting that pic - I can’t take it! LOL

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    As several have purchased the new p210 - does anyone have any initial feedback? How do the grips feel? Are they small/narrow as some have reported? Balanced? The thing looks like a beauty but without touching, it's hard to justify the coin (and the mag cost). Based upon what I've read - there's likely at least two additional models of scheduled to be released in 2018.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    If you want some real good feedback on the US made P-210 slide over to "SigForum.com". There a few reviews of the newer guns as well as the older ones. Chris

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    As several have purchased the new p210 - does anyone have any initial feedback? How do the grips feel? Are they small/narrow as some have reported? Balanced? The thing looks like a beauty but without touching, it's hard to justify the coin (and the mag cost). Based upon what I've read - there's likely at least two additional models of scheduled to be released in 2018.
    The gun feels great in my hand and I have big hands with sausage fingers. The trigger pull is excellent and the gun feels well balanced. I'm not crazy about the green fiber optic front sight on a target gun but it seems to work well. When I shoot it I will give my follow up review. The spare magazines are between $35-$40 a piece which isn't too bad.

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    My wife shoots my 210-6 better than any other handgun, and she shoots it quite well. I got Nill grips for it. They are much better than the plastic grips it came with. I also got a tang extension which keeps the hammer from eating my hand. I got a few used mags from a German store on line. They went for around $80 ea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom