• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Any of you guys shooting either/both of these Savages? Considering buying one or the other of these in .260 Remington.

Model 10/110 Predator Hunter 24" midweight barrel #19130 8.5 lbs.

Model 16/116 Weather Warrior 22" sporter weight barrel #19146 6.9 lbs.

I've long had an interest in this cartridge and am definitely looking forward to loading for it. Rifle would spend considerable time on the bench, but will also see use for deer, so I'm not looking for a dedicated and heavier bench rifle. Thinking the Predator Hunter would be a decently accurate tradeoff without the downside of terribly excessive weight for bean field hunting. But that lighter weight Weather Warrior shouldn't lose much in the way of velocity, and may be every bit as accurate?

And no, I've never shot a Tikka T3....worth considering also?

Thanks!

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I have a Savage LRP in .260 and absolutely enjoy shooting that rifle. She's a bit heavy though, but I would consider that one too.

As far as the Tikka... I've only heard good things about it.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Please take a look at the Tikka....you wont be disappointed I don't think.

If your going to spend a decent amount of time shooting off the bench, go with the middle weight barrel. The pencil barrels heat up quick and start to move on you after 5 shots or so.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I also have the lrp savage in 260 great gun!!
    I also have a custom dpms that started life as a lrh 260.
    a couple 260 a-bolts
    and 1885 high wall in 260. I can not say enought about how much I love the 260 round!!

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Please take a look at the Tikka....you wont be disappointed I don't think.

If your going to spend a decent amount of time shooting off the bench, go with the middle weight barrel. The pencil barrels heat up quick and start to move on you after 5 shots or so.

Agreed!

Speed3 (or other folks), what's your opinion of the T3 factory trigger? Curious about that. I do own an Accutrigger model Savage, so I do have a sense of these. The Accutrigger blade takes some getting used to for an older guy, but they do break decent. I've never shot a T3.....wondering how they might compare?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Agreed!

Speed3 (or other folks), what's your opinion of the T3 factory trigger? Curious about that. I do own an Accutrigger model Savage, so I do have a sense of these. The Accutrigger blade takes some getting used to for an older guy, but they do break decent. I've never shot a T3.....wondering how they might compare?

My tikka is the only rifle that has the factory trigger still in it. Its not light, very little take up and it breaks clean.

If your ever near Frederick....you can dry fire mine if you would like.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    My tikka is the only rifle that has the factory trigger still in it. Its not light, very little take up and it breaks clean.

If your ever near Frederick....you can dry fire mine if you would like.

Hmmm.......well now that tells me something! Looks like I might need to check out a Tikka also!

Thank you sir for both the input and the offer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom