• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    So my butcher decided to hand up his knives so he can hunt with his grand kids and I really cant blame him. Does anyone have recommendations for a deer butcher in the Salisbury Pittsville area?

Last edited:

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Picked up a sika from Frase's today. First time I used him my brother has used him for years. I took the one from last Thursday to this place.
    Charles llyes Family in York pa. Picked that one up yesterday. It's a hike but worth the trip. They do a teriyaki Bologna and deer stick that makes the drive for me worth it. Still have one at M&G in Carroll county. They must be slow or backed up..

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I'm not following you. Whats involved in pickling a 1/4 and how do you process it?

Its like salt curing a ham, your quarters are tagged so they can be identified and then immersed in a brine solution.
    When they float, remove them from the brine and then hang them in a cellar if you have one after they are wrapped in cheesecloth.
    You can have your neck meat, back straps and stew meat in a meat tub that doesn't take up the whole fridge or cooler.
    This way you do not have to worry about un-skinned carcasses hanging if it warms up or you need to sleep there other distractions that would keep you from rendering your deer.
    Whats involved is quartering your deer, and then tossing it in Butch Frases
    vats of decades old recipe. You then process it like you eat a ham but its not for everyone because of the sodium content. You can age them as long as you like but once someone starts into them they usually do not last too long.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Its like salt curing a ham, your quarters are tagged so they can be identified and then immersed in a brine solution.
    When they float, remove them from the brine and then hang them in a cellar if you have one after they are wrapped in cheesecloth.
    You can have your neck meat, back straps and stew meat in a meat tub that doesn't take up the whole fridge or cooler.
    This way you do not have to worry about un-skinned carcasses hanging if it warms up or you need to sleep there other distractions that would keep you from rendering your deer.
    Whats involved is quartering your deer, and then tossing it in Butch Frases
    vats of decades old recipe. You then process it like you eat a ham but its not for everyone because of the sodium content. You can age them as long as you like but once someone starts into them they usually do not last too long.

Thanks, i learned something new today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom