• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSHS

Apr 21, 2015
    Like the gun, but the trigger pull is almost 8 pounds. Any suggestions or good experiences with trigger replacements?

Thanks as always.

Also posted in Gunsmithing

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I've replaced the connector and a spring or two in almost all my Glocks (one dropped to 2.5 lbs, I put the stock striker spring back!). CSHS, maybe think small parts replacement as opposed to entire trigger replacement like Alan suggested. There are a lot of options.

I'm curious about Taran's SS rear trigger pin replacement? ... G5 on the way so I'll be doing some research.
    Good Luck OP.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Like the gun, but the trigger pull is almost 8 pounds. Any suggestions or good experiences with trigger replacements?

Thanks as always.

Also posted in Gunsmithing

Changing the trigger alone probably won't reduce the total pull weight by a whole lot. Most of my Glocks (I have about 8) came from the factory @ about 7 to 7.5 lbs. The aftermarket trigger I like best, and I've tried several different brands, is the RYG Phantom http://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/RYGTriggers.htm

If you want to reduce the pull weight I would suggest swapping out 3 factory parts, the striker spring, the trigger spring, and the connector. This will have the most effect on reducing pull weight, and you can keep the factory trigger and bar, or replace it at your discretion. A reduced power plunger spring is an option as well, but I usually just leave the factory one in.

In my Glock's I use a 5 lb. striker spring (factory is 5.5 lbs.), an extra power trigger spring, and a factory Glock "minus" connector. With this combination of parts (trigger, striker spring, trigger spring, & connector) I've got all my pistols down to around 4.5 to 5 lbs, and with reduced creep.

You can try a 4.5 lb. striker spring, but some people get light primer strikes with anything under 5 lbs. Many people use the Ghost brand connectors in their pistols, but I personally did not have good luck with them, and found the Glock factory Minus connector to work best. Some companies like NDZ Performance sell a "polished" version of the minus connector for extra smoothness. Swapping the parts out is easy and there are Youtube videos that will guide you if you're unfamiliar with disassembling and reassembling a Glock frame.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Did you measure it with a trigger pull gauge? 8lbs sounds like it might have a NY1 spring in there...

My preferred combo is a "-" connector, and a case of ammo. No issues with reliability and light enough for me

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Wolff recoil spring and the 25 cent trigger job has mine at 5.5 lbs. It is not great for shooting at targets, but it is just right for a gun that I can rely upon to fire and cycle every time I pull the trigger.

I found that when I had the firing pin spring in as well, the pull was only 3.5 lbs., but I experienced a few light primer strikes so I went back to the original firing pin spring.

CSHS

Apr 21, 2015
    Thank you for a lot of good advice quickly. Think I may try the TTI Grand Master, $40 for a Gen 3.

Did you measure it with a trigger pull gauge? 8lbs sounds like it might have a NY1 spring in there...

My preferred combo is a "-" connector, and a case of ammo. No issues with reliability and light enough for me

Slight overstatement on my part. I used a trigger gauge. Average 7 lbs, 10 oz. Not far off the advertised pull. Checked for the NY trigger (again, thanks, never heard that before) it is not a NY trigger.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Sorry to hear you're not happy with the TTI. I had a LGS put mine in (took 5 minutes) and although I haven't put a gauge on it I know it's much much lighter than the stock trigger and very smooth with a very short reset. Can't believe they charged you $9+ for s/h. That's just crazy ! :( I got mine off ebay for $40 dlvd

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom