• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I am also severely late to this thread, but I will post anyway. I've owned my own firearms for over 40 years - purchased my first handgun in 1974 (a Colt 1911 Government Series 70 .45). It was my first year in the Navy and I was only 18 so my mother had to actually sign for the gun and take it out of the gun store, much to her dismay (she hates guns). Today I am actually a firearms collector - in fact, I have a pretty extensive collection of pistols (both modern and military) with some rifles and a couple of shotguns. I hold a C&R FFL, I'm an MD Designated Collector, belong to the NRA and a private shooting club, and I hold both Utah and Florida CCW permits. My interest in firearms has been my own - never had to have a man to get me interested. However, I also have no interest in killing any animal (but do like game meat to eat). My passion is guns in general and target shooting in particular.

Like other women here, I have sometimes been talked down to and ignored in some gun shops and ranges, and I find this forum to be not too woman-friendly, hence, I don't usually identify my gender in posts - it just isn't worth it. I personally am very interested in 2A, and also very interested in passing any knowledge I can to other women in order to get them interested in shooting.

I think a women-only group or forum would be ideal, and if anyone is interested in starting one, I am in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom