• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Was thinking about getting another, and lately have been checking out "New Products in 2020" at there site. They have many to choose from, but curious to see what new configurations will be available next year.
    Be nice if they could make one with a better finish :drool:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have a BM Hunter that has been a great pistol for many years, and was looking into a barrel swap to use it as a suppressor host. Figured due to the > $200cost, I might just get another pistol, still might revisit a barrel if I can find a deal on one. I really liked the Buckmark over the older Ruger mk series due to the trigger, ease of takedown, controls, and feel. That was till I handled the new MK4 22/45s, better grip, more comfortable, better controls, and supremely easy takedown/maintenence. Really liked the Lite model, and went for it, have been completely happy with it, supresses well, completely reliable (I only run CCIs and Fed automatch), and has a decent factory trigger. Upgraded to the VQ match trigger, and it's EPIC, best trigger on a handgun I've ever tried, as compact and light as this pistol is I can get groups just as good as my BM Hunter, but it is MUCH easier to shoot, especially shooting fast. I do like the BM trigger, flipping the return spring gives a nice short single stage pull, the trigger shoe's radius is a bit small for my fingers. THe BM trigger is not as light/crisp as the VQ on the 22/45, the stock Ruger trigger has a much more comfortable shape out of the box, but the VQ trigger feels wonderful, nearly flat faced, but with just enough curve to help keep a consistent placement. Cleaning the MK4 is FAR better, simple easy takedown with a single button, no screws, no springs to fiddle with, no complexity at all, just pull the mag, push the button, lift off the barrel, and drop the bolt out the rear. I'm not selling my Buckmark, and may consider another one down the road, but they need to make some changes to catch up to the MK4 series IMO.

20191114_115606.jpg

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Have a BM Hunter that has been a great pistol for many years, and was looking into a barrel swap to use it as a suppressor host. Figured due to the > $200cost, I might just get another pistol, still might revisit a barrel if I can find a deal on one. I really liked the Buckmark over the older Ruger mk series due to the trigger, ease of takedown, controls, and feel. That was till I handled the new MK4 22/45s, better grip, more comfortable, better controls, and supremely easy takedown/maintenence. Really liked the Lite model, and went for it, have been completely happy with it, supresses well, completely reliable (I only run CCIs and Fed automatch), and has a decent factory trigger. Upgraded to the VQ match trigger, and it's EPIC, best trigger on a handgun I've ever tried, as compact and light as this pistol is I can get groups just as good as my BM Hunter, but it is MUCH easier to shoot, especially shooting fast. I do like the BM trigger, flipping the return spring gives a nice short single stage pull, the trigger shoe's radius is a bit small for my fingers. THe BM trigger is not as light/crisp as the VQ on the 22/45, the stock Ruger trigger has a much more comfortable shape out of the box, but the VQ trigger feels wonderful, nearly flat faced, but with just enough curve to help keep a consistent placement. Cleaning the MK4 is FAR better, simple easy takedown with a single button, no screws, no springs to fiddle with, no complexity at all, just pull the mag, push the button, lift off the barrel, and drop the bolt out the rear. I'm not selling my Buckmark, and may consider another one down the road, but they need to make some changes to catch up to the MK4 series IMO.

View attachment 271155

Both great guns with their own look and feel. I have Ruger's too including the 22/45 with a VQ trigger. I can't get used to the look of the Victory.

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    As a selection consideration, my Mark IV 22/45 Lite is in for repair. The barrel nut came loose. According to the owner's manual the nut is epoxied and torqued, but there was no sign of epoxy on the threads. When I coordinated the RMA I was told my after market sights and trigger would not be an issue since it was just the barrel nut. I was told to include a note requesting that they not remove the parts. However, once they started work I had to approve removal of all my after market parts. The parts will be returned in a baggie. I found several threads concerning the barrel nut issue.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    As a selection consideration, my Mark IV 22/45 Lite is in for repair. The barrel nut came loose. According to the owner's manual the nut is epoxied and torqued, but there was no sign of epoxy on the threads. When I coordinated the RMA I was told my after market sights and trigger would not be an issue since it was just the barrel nut. I was told to include a note requesting that they not remove the parts. However, once they started work I had to approve removal of all my after market parts. The parts will be returned in a baggie. I found several threads concerning the barrel nut issue.

All those were dated 1-2 years ago. When did you get your Lite?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Was thinking about getting another, and lately have been checking out "New Products in 2020" at there site. They have many to choose from, but curious to see what new configurations will be available next year.
    Be nice if they could make one with a better finish :drool:

I have a buckmark hunter I got from 2A sales.

All matte finish stainless and wood grips.

What kind of finish are you looking for? Polished stainless?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have a factory threaded Buckmark I got used from an IP that must be 20 years old. It is my favorite 22 host. I may look into one of the new ones now...

davidg

Mar 19, 2019
    A small o ring will help keep the barrel nut on. I use them on both my 22s.

Attachments

• D4874382-B237-44D4-8619-A699280D2F03.jpg
      D4874382-B237-44D4-8619-A699280D2F03.jpg
      147.8 KB · Views: 223

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    I was just looking at Browning's discontinued models. They have had just about every variation available. I'll wait a little while longer and see whats new for next year :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom