• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_Disapproved

Known Defiler
    Jul 3, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    I've had a Sig P220 45ACP for about 9 months and have likely fired 3000-5000 rounds through it. Yesterday, with no warning, the recoil spring broke preventing the gun from cycling. I was able to substitute the spring from a P226 40S&W to finish the box, but this isn't a real fix. Anybody know of a dealer that stocks Sig parts. It took their factory 30 days to send me screws once, so I'd prefer to buy it here. Of course, this might just be the excuse I need to buy a 1911.

Jwunder

Jun 24, 2010
    Berwyn Heights
    soooo, you broke a gun and "fixed" it with an incorrect part, then kept firing?

The P220 fullsize .45 recoil spring and P226 .40 spring are the same part. It was the correct part.
    You should be replacing recoil springs around 5k rounds anyway.

Not_Disapproved

Known Defiler
    Jul 3, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    All,

Thanks for the tips. I went to Top Gun since they also had a parts kit that I'd wanted. I'm definitely going to remember gunspring.com, too, because I have a couple of P226s that I'm going to replace the springs on, too.

As for using the "wrong" part to get by, as the previous poster pointed out, a basic, working knowledge of how a spring works is all that is required to get out of trouble.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    hes got a very good point. Get 2 1911 or just grip the 1 with both hands. Lets cross that road when we get there....first thing is gettig that busted ole siggy out the picture

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    220SASleft.jpg

Are you kidding me?

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Glocks are beautiful, its like that ruff looking chick thats still hot, even where he hair is messed up, torn jeans mmmhhhmmm

Sig is like the popular girl, high maintence, shes always hott, but cost you alot of money to get

Not_Disapproved

Known Defiler
    Jul 3, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Glocks are beautiful, its like that ruff looking chick thats still hot, even where he hair is messed up, torn jeans mmmhhhmmm

Sig is like the popular girl, high maintence, shes always hott, but cost you alot of money to get

Glocks have that 2am, closing time, and I've had five too many Stoli shots, kind of beauty. Sure, in a pinch she'll get the job done, but you don't want your friends to find out about it.

Sigs are the ones you want to take home to Mom and once you do you find that she knows how to cook, clean, and that she used to be a gymnast. :D

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I will take one that dose not choke under pressure Every time. lol SIG QC is 2 bad now

Before you say that, ask both SIG and Glock how many rounds they recommend changing a recoil spring at. The OP says he was between 3,000 and 5,000 rounds.

Recoil springs need to be replaced at regular intervals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom