• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Good morning, from southern MD
    New to this whole process... Well at least in maryland. It sucks. Lol
    My wife and I have a small business and I work a full time job. But as our business grew and having to install a safe cause we could not make it to the bank all the time. We both saw the need to start this process.
    I am not new to guns but lets just say I am. I know enough to get in trouble but not enough to get out. So I came here cause I seen there is a lot of information here and one big part of gun ownership is knowing the law. Which I do not. So I am trying to lean as much as I can and research as much as I can. I know firearm safety well and I did have my CCP in Pa for 4 years. I have shot and owned quite a few firearms. But for the last 10 years or so I have been out of the game completely. So everything is very new to me... So i might ask a lot of noob questions.

One thing I asked over in the other section was about the HQL's. My wife got her's already in under 5 days yet mine is still pending. On the check list I saw 3 section say incomplete... So i did not know if I needed to give it more time or if I need to be worried.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 135

Gorba

Deplorable Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 24, 2018
    Annapolis
    Welcome aboard. Noob questions not a problem, especially since I'm a noob myself. About your HQL, it does sound like something is missing from your application. Section 3 might refer to the training requirement. Did you get the completion certificate, or your DD-214, submitted properly? Might be worth looking into. Just for info, my HQL was approved in two days and the actual license arrived in the mail on the 10th day after submission. Good luck with resolving the issue.

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Welcome aboard. Noob questions not a problem, especially since I'm a noob myself. About your HQL, it does sound like something is missing from your application. Section 3 might refer to the training requirement. Did you get the completion certificate, or your DD-214, submitted properly? Might be worth looking into. Just for info, my HQL was approved in two days and the actual license arrived in the mail on the 10th day after submission. Good luck with resolving the issue.

Sorry I did not t mean section 3. I meant in 3 different sections. I have to go back on and look to see what there initials were. But if I recall is was NICS, CJIS and JIS.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    NICS CJIS and JIS are all background checks. That they're not complete just means they haven't been run yet, or have been run and are pending results. Shouldn't be much longer.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    When I did the application for my HQL I also had a issue that was pending.
    For some reason I got locked out of my account.
    The easy fix was to call the MSP at the number listed at the top of the application sign in site.
    They were helpful and courteous.
    Turn around time for me was 9 days.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z