• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Until you change the legislature, it really doesn't matter who is governor. You can have a token Hogan and the democrats will still have control. You can elect rino's and the democrats will still have control. You can elect democrats and guess what, the democrats will still have control.
    It is time to start thinking outside the box, because the democrats own the box!

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Recent history has proven that no R has ever won a second term, so I will be bitching about the next democrat governor of Maryland after November no matter who I vote for...

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Samuel Adams said it best......

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

Hogan loves his wealth more than our liberty. Im done with Hogan. Sorry, I will not vote for the lesser of the 2 Democrats.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Hogan loves his wealth more than our liberty. Im done with Hogan. Sorry, I will not vote for the lesser of the 2 Democrats.

You Hogan haters are delusional. Politics doesn't work that way. Winning means getting your way some of the time and keeping the opposition from making things worse.

The next Democratic governor will surely propose a raft full of gun grabbing legislation and have a GA to approve it. When this happens, many gun people will gnash their teeth, whine, and wonder why so many 2A supporters didn't vote.

Hogan, like Trump, may not be doing anything obvious to further gun rights, but he is much better than the alternative.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Whatever Dem runs.

Dems HATE that there is an R in the Governor's mansion

It's almost funny how a number of people here say that there's no difference between Hogan and the Democrats.

I'd like to see them try to convince a Democrat of that! :lol:

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    I don't really care whether he wins reelection or not. He was a huge and utter disappointment. Might as well have a Democrat in the office. In fact, it might be better because at least then people won't be confused about who is friend or foe.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    You Hogan haters are delusional. Politics doesn't work that way. Winning means getting your way some of the time and keeping the opposition from making things worse.

The next Democratic governor will surely propose a raft full of gun grabbing legislation and have a GA to approve it. When this happens, many gun people will gnash their teeth, whine, and wonder why so many 2A supporters didn't vote.

Hogan, like Trump, may not be doing anything obvious to further gun rights, but he is much better than the alternative.

So winning is being ok with not winning. Winning is in fact enjoying not winning.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    To make senator from md he has to up his anti 2a stance until he gets in line with our senators now, and he will begin if re-elected day1

And hogan got confiscation without due process, and he got the bumpstock bill into law unconstitutional taking some of our toys without compensation,even O’Malley couldn’t pull that off

What are you talking about? O'Mao never even proposed or had it on the table, and times are very different post- Parkland. It was a national movement that wasn't Hogan's idea. He expressed concerns, too, that the MGA ignored, iirc. To say that O'Mao couldn't pull it off is an exaggeration. He could have, if anyone had thought of it.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'm against confiscation, but infringement is fine with me... I just don't understand that mentality. If you always vote for the lesser of two evils your candidates will never be anything but evil. Vote for what you believe in, don't just follow sheep on the bandwagon and try to pick who will win.

That sounds nice in theory but it's a loser in reality.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    "Had to sign it." Meaning, he chose to sign it because he determined that standing up for inalienable rights was not politically expedient.

I'm not voting for Hogan, period. Am I "a worthless POS?"

Didn't you have a failed run or two at office?

"Politically expedient," or avoiding political suicide?

This is Maryland.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hogan did not have to sign it! If he did not sign it, it would have become law anyway. He could have vetoed it and should have. Instead, he chose to go along to get along. Not what I'm looking for in a leader. Yeah, I know, we are once again looking at a shit sandwich. Doesn't mean we have to eat it willingly.

Then give us an ELECTABLE alternative. None of this Shawn Quinn ********.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The Democrat will take all our guns away!
    Hogan is not doing enough!
    I'll show them both....I'll vote for Starvin Marvin from the Rocks and Sticks party.....they don't have a primary but I'll vote in the general.....see there is my vote down in the footnotes but I stood up and showed them!:sad20::sad20::sad20:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

dscn4620_orig.jpg

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    "Politically expedient," or avoiding political suicide?

This is Maryland.

Like just about every scumbag to hold office and "serve," Hogan was more interested in his political future than doing what was right. Personally, I hold my vote in sufficiently high regard to not cast it for someone who put his signature to gun control bills.

Quinn or any other candidate is electable, by definition. All we need do is vote for them. If you're OK with a governor who signs bills restricting your most basic freedoms, vote for him.

I'm not, and I won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom