Suppose you wanted to get an AK47 just for the heck of it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    +1 on Arsenal. I dont know anything about the platform and had always purchased/built AR's. I knew I wanted a good quality AK before the ban went into effect and chose Arsenal based on reputation as kind of a good representation of the platform. Like the previous posted said, I viewed it as a Colt 6920 equivalent.

I actually didn't know they were sourced out of Russia and Bulgaria. Learn something new everday..

To explain it a little further for you.

They get imported into the US in "Sporterized Form" which means no pistol grip, no muzzle break and a different for end....etc

Once they get here, Arsenal then converts it back to what it should look like.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    You're right I don't know "S" you win...What I meant is that my coworker had his Arsenal modified by Rifle Dynamics and it was super nice but I can't see spending that kind of money on an AK when they all pretty much functions the same. I hope you really enjoy your rifle. I enjoy mine. Get some dirt on your rifle it looks like you just unwrapped it.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    You're right I don't know "S" you win...What I meant is that my coworker had his Arsenal modified by Rifle Dynamics and it was super nice but I can't see spending that kind of money on an AK when they all pretty much functions the same. I hope you really enjoy your rifle. I enjoy mine. Get some dirt on your rifle it looks like you just unwrapped it.

I do enjoy it. I've only shot it a few times at the range. I haven't used it for a carbine class yet but I'm thinking about using it this summer in Virginia.

By the way, I have an AR that's been through 6 classes and is probably dirtier than all your rifles combined. Want to see pictures of that too? :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I do enjoy it. I've only shot it a few times at the range. I haven't used it for a carbine class yet but I'm thinking about using it this summer in Virginia.

By the way, I have an AR that's been through 6 classes and is probably dirtier than all your rifles combined. Want to see pictures of that too? :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

If it's so dirty you should probably clean it. I don't actually shoot any of my guns I just play with them and put them back in the safe.

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Suppose you wanted to get an AK47 because you probably won't be able to next year? Suppose you wanted to put something away in the safe in case one of your children or grandchildren would want it in the future? You don't want a piece of junk but you don't want anything totally tricked out. Suppose you just wanted a rock solid firearm and you thought that folders were especially attractive?

What would you buy?

A WASP. Most kids disappoint their parents. I say strike first.;)

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    What muzzle attachment? you didn't state that in your original post--nor did you state handguards. on an AK, upper and lower handguards are counted as one part together. Also, the FCG only counts for 3 parts, and the stock and pistol grip count for 2. if you're using US mags that's fine, but as soon as a friend goes to shoot it at the range and puts in a surplus mag.....

The muzzle device is a Tapco 5 slot. I use Tapco mags, but might try the new Magpul AK mags. All my parts are marked USA. I don't typically lend my guns out since I have an inherent distrust of all other humans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom