New Unattended Emissions Inspection Kiosk.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I misread the title. I thought it said"unintended emissions". Was expecting to read about someone farting in church or something similar.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    2005 and newer <8500gvwr
    2008 and newer 8501-14000gvwr

Dunno why...that's just what the website says :shrug:

Bummer for me and my '03:rolleyes:

These are the vehicles that typically report the VIN from the ECU. It's fraud prevention.

On a side note, the verbal instructions come from a really cool beer drinking, Harley riding, God fearing, "gun nut" Marine... (me)

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Sometimes the attendants can be helpful. Last night I took my wifes jeep wrangler for emissions. Some how it had missed it's 2016 test and was last done in 2014. The tech and manager dropped the bill from $314 down to the standard $14. Still a ploy to get our money.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Soooooo, they added a little lube to your screwing and your happy. If it works for you, its ok with me.

Nobody

Hell, it kept me from going inside the DMV and there was no line for the kiosk. You call that lube for the screwing; I call it significant and rare government-induced customer convenience for something I have no control over.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I tried to use the one in 'Ghettosburg' off 'Clodhopper' Rd. a few times but the machine would take a crap halfway through and lock up. Did it to a dude with a civic after I pulled around. It was at night. I called them and they said it was fixed. Went again to no avail. Ended up at the manned station off Redland Road. Was quick and painless- or perhaps I am just too loose and did not feel it due to all the bending over in this state. :) :)

Kevnev

May 12, 2018
    At least this will eliminate any visual inspection for a cat delete installed on modified cars.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    1996 if I remember correctly, or used to be

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Unless it changed in the last year it does not test cars that are that old. I tried to run my 98 Dodge Neon thru and it fell outside the dates. I knew it was newer just how new.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    At least this will eliminate any visual inspection for a cat delete installed on modified cars.

Most would not know what a cat is if it fell on the floor and rolled over to them. Buddy has his cat deleted and installed resonator in its place because of visual inspection. For some reason they stopped doing visuals.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Sometimes the attendants can be helpful. Last night I took my wifes jeep wrangler for emissions. Some how it had missed it's 2016 test and was last done in 2014. The tech and manager dropped the bill from $314 down to the standard $14. Still a ploy to get our money.

On my 1998 Dodge neon every time its up I go in it fails, comeback a week later it passes, most of those attendants have hard time plugging in all the way on the Neon for some reason.

kyserthehun

Jul 24, 2016
    I for one salute my MD overlords who choose to use lube when bending me over. At least with the machines I don't have to deal with some dude sitting in my car.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Last time I tried to use the self "prepare yourself I'm going in dry kiosk" in Owings Mills someone stole or didn't return the obd link assembly which was odd as it requires a credit card to start the process. The whole bs emissions program needs to be eliminated much like it is in Western Maryland and I believe eastern shore. It doesn't accomplish much.

How is it that residents in those areas don’t have to have their vehicles tested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    They only built gasser emission stations along the I95 corridor. LOL

I guess they feel its inconvenience to make people drive halfway across this little state to them although I'm sure Frederick County has at least 1

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    I discovered Hay's County Texas. Emissions portion of annual inspection consists of a visual check to see if there is a catalytic converter. Dosn't need to do anything, it just has to be there.
    The rest of the test is just lights and signals,tires and brakes. Car must be safe to run and drive.No Mickey Mouse shit like check all door locks and all the other crap that the MD Auto Dealers force you'r State to rip you off with.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    They only built gasser emission stations along the I95 corridor. LOL

I guess they feel its inconvenience to make people drive halfway across this little state to them although I'm sure Frederick County has at least 1

Not all counties have VEIP requirements. It's based on some EPA nonsense that essentially correlates to population density.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Exactly^ Nonsense

I haven't gone to VEIP on my personal vehicle in like 10 years or more since Diesels are exempt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom