• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Just got a nice thank you email from SAF for my donation. Very classy.

CyberFed

Baltimore Idealist
    Mar 14, 2010
    Charm City
    Saw the news linked from the Baltimore Sun. New SAF Life member here, too.

As for reciprocity...I'll let my VA Non-Res take care of the surrounding states. Me, I just want the chance to carry in Baltimore City and finally give the criminal element something to consider before they try anything! :party29:

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Wow I just found this great news!! 12 pages worth to read through and in only two days.

And I'll be a life member of the SAF in a couple days to help with the fight. If there's anything I can do as a current MD permit holder let me know!! I'd be glad to help any way I can even if it costs me my permit in the end. :thumbsup:

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    South Carolina recognizes Florida's CCW permit if you are a Florida resident, and vise versa. Both Florida and South Carolina offer non-resident permits, however Florida's non-resident permit is unrestricted to any US citizen who otherwise qualifies. In South Carolina you have to own real property in the state to get the non-resident permit. Since South Carolina doesn't recognize Florida's non-resident permits, Florida won't recognize South Carolina's non-resident permits. Both states recognize each other's resident permits, however.

FWIW...FL doesn't recognize ANY non-resident permit.

I think PA will give you a non-resident permit if you already have one in your own state, at least for MD residents. Or maybe this is how it used to be. They have have changed this in the past year.

Correct...you need to have a permit from your home state...if your state issues such permit... in order for PA to issue you a non-resident license

A non restricted MD Permit would give you the state of Michigan added to reciprocity if you already have a FL and UT permit.

You could still NOT carry in the following States/Districts/Territories:

California, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, District of Columbia, Illinois, Wisconsin, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

With IA's new Shall Issue law, as of Jan 1, 2011 IA will recognize ALL state's permits.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Correct...you need to have a permit from your home state...if your state issues such permit... in order for PA to issue you a non-resident license

With IA's new Shall Issue law, as of Jan 1, 2011 IA will recognize ALL state's permits.

Don't I know you from somewhere? :)

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina

There won't be many non-resident SC permits, the only way to get one is if you own property or a house there and take their specific class. The only real reason to get one is to carry in SC.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Doubtful. Once ruled upon, as someone else said, they will have to comply. Making a 2 year waiting period, and getting hauled right back in front of the court a motion for summary judgment will be issued almost immediately. Considering there is a permitting process in place, and even if that process takes 3 or 4 months, you could not arbitrarily increase it to your "2" year example and not draw the suspicion of the court for circumventing their ruling.

Again let me say THANK GOD for the SAF, however the wait limit is not posted it is just the reality. There is NOTHING we can do if THEY take 2 years to issue a permit, THEY can claim backlog, waiting for background checks to come back and the like.

I wish this state was like AZ, AK and VT but it is not and forced to issue permits will not be like VA with a must issue or deny within 45 days.

People on this board and friends I have were jumpnmg for joy when Mcdonald "went our way" but as I said in that post, things will remain the same in MD tommorow as they were yesterday for a LOOONNNNGGGGG time to come. IF I am wrong I will KARMA the permit costs for one member on here.

My rules, Shall issue must be the law of the land not only in paper but IN FACT within 1 year of the initial ruling. My money is safe as this will not happen.

Again thanks SAF.

NOBODY

Afield

Jul 3, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Don't forget the 4~6 month lead time on permit processing.

Herm. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't start the process NOW or just when the case hits the courts. Actually, when this case goes to hearing (since applying now has no bearing on test cases), it would be a good place to be ahead of the people waiting to the day after MSJ.

Wonder where this puts me? Sent in my permit app July 6... On somebody's desk right now.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    well, I go away for 5 days with no electricity, running water or internet access and look what happens?

Maybe I'll go away for another week and we'll have shall issue, no ballistic fingerprinting, no regulated long guns and no handgun roster.

I'll be back next Friday. :outta her

.:D

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We'll have an official release out tomorrow on this.

Suffice it to say, we've been foreshadowing this a little over the last couple of weeks since McDonald came down because the handwriting was on the wall already and it was apparent that SAF was going to make MD the next example.

Some of the old timers will recall me saying repeatedly that Maryland was the next state that was ripe for picking on shall issue out of the remaining hold outs.

Nice to get one right for once. :D

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    This will be great for putting the squeeze on CA and NY. Once we get this victory, we will really have what we need to march towards permanently extinguishing the anti gun problem in this country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom