• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock4arms

May 8, 2015
    Using Rugged Obsidian to shoot my AR platform 9mm & 9mm. Besides the sound of the action what product(s) work best to reduce the sound in the buffer system.

Should I upgrade to a Silent Capture Spring or with a fancy flat wire buffer spring work well?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Using Rugged Obsidian to shoot my AR platform 9mm & 9mm. Besides the sound of the action what product(s) work best to reduce the sound in the buffer system.

Should I upgrade to a Silent Capture Spring or with a fancy flat wire buffer spring work well?

Flat wires are what I use, but they tend to be the noisiest aspect of my 9mms.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Go with a flat wire .308 spring and the heaviest buffer you can find. The captured springs can’t generate the kind of resistance the above combination can, the bolt disengages earlier and you have more ejection port bark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom