• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    I know two guys that leave them in the closet and cuss them when the subject comes up.The rifles jam after a couple shots.One guy said his would bend the bullet and once fired before the action was closed.Could it be the brand of ammo they're using? I can't find any design flaw issues adressed on any forums.Both guns are low milage and neither guy wants to spend any money for repair. Any thoughts?

kwjones

Aug 31, 2007
    Rising Sun, MD
    It might be the magazines. I've heard a few people have problems with them from time to time. Break it down, clean it well, and run some CCI MiniMags through it. If it still jams, try a new magazine.

Send them over to rimfirecentral.com for more specific info. There's bound to be a few people over there that can help them out.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    yea I haven't been a fan of the savage magazines. Brownells sell replacement savage mags and even walmart to a degree. If its a newer .22lr with 10 round mags you can get those at the mart. My friend has a 7H and I had to get the old 5 round mags from Brownells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom