• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You need to find a different IP. It is listed/advertised as an HBAR rifle on their website so I'm not sure what the problem is. Should be fine in MD.

Mursey

Aug 23, 2017
    Just a quick update: Daemon has really been helping me out and I've ordered all the parts! Base rifle with no frills and basic irons was $808.17! I'll add a parts list and pictures once we put it together.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yes.

But simply the act of saying that, still proves that Colts are the standard all other AR are compared .
    I would call them baseline, as in, if you go lower you are cheating your self. If you go higher, you're on the right track.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just a quick update: Daemon has really been helping me out and I've ordered all the parts! Base rifle with no frills and basic irons was $808.17! I'll add a parts list and pictures once we put it together.
    He helped me with my first AR as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Happy with my Windham (got a great deal too) and remember everyone telling me to build don't buy.
    I don't have any regrets but def want to build one and if I was more familiar with the right tools I would have did that first

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    :lol:

What am I going to do about you? I gave you the last bit of Miltec I had, so I was able to fully embrace the Chadwin lube method of liberal tears, snowflake tears, Hillary supporter butthurt, and KY/Astroglide. :lol2:

Now all I need is a 40 cal and a cheesesteak and I'll be awesome.

That bottle was pristine. I think it was a case of them and you have a stash. ;)

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Happy with my Windham (got a great deal too) and remember everyone telling me to build don't buy.
    I don't have any regrets but def want to build one and if I was more familiar with the right tools I would have did that first

You're hooked now. There's no going back. As soon as you start tinkering with your Windham you'll see why people were recommending you build one.

Congrats on the new AR. I bought my first AR15 rifle assembled. The barrel is on a piston conversion upper, the handguard got sold, the receiver is on a 300blk rifle, all the lower parts have been swapped out, the stock went to an AR10, the BCG got dumped, and I'm not sure which one of my upper receivers is from that rifle.

It's addictive

Mursey

Aug 23, 2017
    Alright, finally got the last part in and on, so here's the final parts list and picture. Much appreciation to Daemon, as he helped with everything from the build list to the build itself.

Lower: Spike's Tactical (nothing special, bought it in store)
    Lower Receiver: Rock River complete
    Trigger: ALG Defense
    Upper: Alpha Shooting Sports Forged - Laser Caliber Marked
    BCG: DS Arms Complete
    Charging Handle: Radian Weapons Raptor Ambi
    Barrel: 16" Hbar, 1:7 with melonite finish chambered in 5.56 from Delta Tactical
    Gas: Gas Block, Gas Tube
    Buffer: Aero Precision
    Stock: Magpul CTR + 0.25 Riser (I have a thin face, tried the DIY method and just settled on this because it was more comfortable in the end. Yes I'm aware of the charing handle issue, but I keep mine fully extended anyway)
    Muzzle Device: Yankee Hill Phantom
    Handguard: Strike Industries 13" Key-Mod
    Handstop: BCM KAG for key-mod
    Sling + Attachment: endplate is QD from BCM, sling is Magpul para/QD 1-2 point, from attachment point is BCM Key-Mod QD adapter with a mapgul paraclip to QD mount (that actually works really well once you get the angle right)
    Optics: Magpul BUIS, Bushnell Trophy TRS-25

Panel kit is the 5 inch from BCM, bolt release is troy industries, riser is UTG 0.83.

21ah7vp.jpg

Thanks for all the help and info everyone.

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Gotta get rid of that A2 grip. Go with Magpul or Hogue. If the TRS-25 craps out get a Sig Romeo 5. I had a TRS-25 on a VEPR 12 and it killed it. Bushnell sent me a brand new one for free, which was awesome.

Mursey

Aug 23, 2017
    Gotta get rid of that A2 grip. Go with Magpul or Hogue. If the TRS-25 craps out get a Sig Romeo 5. I had a TRS-25 on a VEPR 12 and it killed it. Bushnell sent me a brand new one for free, which was awesome.

Future upgrade. The grip came with a kit, so I wasn't too pressed to immediately change it. I'll have to see what I like after some time and shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom