• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I've got some Sierra 220gr round nose Pro Hunter bullets and most of a pound of 1680 you can have to play around with.

Give me a day or so and I'll find the load data for my .300 loads. They are subsonic and I've never really tested them past 50yds but it's an accurate load out of my 10.5 SBR with a 1in8 twist barrel.

ADCOLE

Apr 29, 2014
    Upper Marlboro
    I prefer 11.5 grains of 1680 and Hornady 208gr ELD. Don't know about hunting with that though. I would rather use Barnes Vortex 110gr for hunting.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I've got some Sierra 220gr round nose Pro Hunter bullets and most of a pound of 1680 you can have to play around with.

Give me a day or so and I'll find the load data for my .300 loads. They are subsonic and I've never really tested them past 50yds but it's an accurate load out of my 10.5 SBR with a 1in8 twist barrel.

If you don't want/need them anymore I'll take em. You getting out of .300 BLK?

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I'd like to hear a range report if you ever get your hands on some.

Well I've got 500 on the way so hopefully I can test them out in the next month or two. I forgot how expensive standing up a new caliber is for reloading. I'm in for about $500 in just bullets, brass and dies. But that's for 1,200 bullets so I should be good for a while :D I still need an optic for the rifle and have one picked out but I'm waiting for ebay discount Cabela's gift cards to buy it. Maybe I'll throw a random scope on it just for load development and so I can shoot it.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    If you don't want/need them anymore I'll take em. You getting out of .300 BLK?

Nope, not getting out of it. I just don't have the time to really devote to reloading right now. I have extra for when I start back up. I figured you could have these to play around with and see what you like.

If you will be around Sunday I can meet up with you.

Edit: Apparently I got more reloading done during my school break than I remember. I am out of 220gr bullets but do have some 1680 you can have.

I'm using 11.2gr of 1680 and when I put them over the chrono they were just under subsonic. I'm trying to find my chrono sheets now but I organized my stuff and can't find a damn thing now.

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    If you want subsonic for deer you need a 458 socom or other heavy bullet round. Once you set a speed limits the only way to get energy back is with mass.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Got these in yesterday. They're freaking YUGE! Pic is next to a 125 Speer TNT. I leave for a 2 week hunting trip on Saturday but first thing when I get back these are getting ladder loaded and taken out to 200 yds. I'll post some results when I finally get to shoot them.

Attachments

• 20170919_172146.jpg
      20170919_172146.jpg
      40.4 KB · Views: 209

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom