• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    I have an M1 carbine that needs barrel fitted to receiver and the rest of rifle assembled. The person would need to tell me if I have all necessary parts as well, I believe everything is there but not sure.

Anyone here an expert on M1's?

Also need to be somewhat local to Baltimore

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    I may have to resort to pining over a diagram to see. I am super busy and was hoping there was someone who here who knew these things like the back of their hand.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    You can install it yourself provided you study up on what a pull through reamer is and how to set headspace. This is exactly what I have done to an M1 Carbine. I purchased one used and it would not fire. Sure enough the headspace was not correct as the locking lugs would not lock on closing. Rented a pull through reamer from somewhere in Wyoming and walla! Headspace adjusted, locking lugs closed and carbine firing.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I'm in the process of finalizing my welding jig to weld one up. I've never built one before, but I've read "The U.S. 30 Caliber Gas Operated Carbines: A Shop Manual" by Jerry Kuhnhausen what feels like a million times. Hardest part seems to be not damaging the receiver during barrel installation. Brownells sells everything to fit the carbine to do it right, then you do the the pull through reamer to get the headspace just right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom