• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Thought the same thing. Will be fun to see what Msp has to say about that. "Oh you made that scary looking thing MD legal? Nnnnnnnnope, try again..."

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I tried telling them when they released this at SHOT show about the permanency of the muzzle brake. I actually think ATF is wrong on measuring OAL, but this could make things interesting.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I tried telling them when they released this at SHOT show about the permanency of the muzzle brake. I actually think ATF is wrong on measuring OAL, but this could make things interesting.
    I told them about it flat-out on Facebook. They're in denial, for whatever reason.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I'd rather have the 18.5 inch barrel with a longer flash hider or a 20 inch US DMR version

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    it wouldn't look too bad with this!! These are both mounted on a 16" barrel, but you get the idea...

P5052262_zpsc176e542.jpg

P5202316_zps573baeae.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    So, will the MD-compliant version have a better trigger?

Good question. I understand there is already good trigger options available; and one company will 'fix' your trigger if you mail it to them.

I've fired a few Tavors on a few occasions now and don't have a problem with the stock issue. It was designed to be used by IDF, so they probably didn't want a performance trigger.

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    According to the new law, the OAL Requirement is 29". The 18" tavor is 27 5/8" OAL. I think I'd rather get the 18" and pin/wed a brake that's 1 3/8"-2" long to reach that 29" instead of having a dildo on the end of my barrel.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    According to the new law, the OAL Requirement is 29". The 18" tavor is 27 5/8" OAL. I think I'd rather get the 18" and pin/wed a brake that's 1 3/8"-2" long to reach that 29" instead of having a dildo on the end of my barrel.

Yea, don't know why they didn't just use the 18" version and attach a shorter muzzle device to make it compliant?

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    They probably want to keep things simple and have just one ban-state version that is compliant with many various sets of requirements. Thus, a 30 inch OAL and no bayonet lug (the 18 inch barrel has one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom