• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Just got confirmation that several big rock fish were caught at mouth of the Potomac . 30+ inches. Starting to work their way up the bay. Time to break out the umbrella rigs!

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Buddy of mine caught one 47 and a couple high 30's on his boat this past weekend. He was not at the mouth, there are big ones that have snuck by already.

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    I fishing the reef outside my creek last night (St. Jerome) and caught a bunch of nice blues and some small rockfish. I'm finding that I still need to weed through a bunch of small fish. Some guys are catching larger rockfish in the shallow water around structure just outside the creek. I agree, the water temps are starting to fall off and the larger fish are starting to feed. I'm just having a hard time getting enough daylight after work during the week and fair weather on the weekends.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I fishing the reef outside my creek last night (St. Jerome) and caught a bunch of nice blues and some small rockfish. I'm finding that I still need to weed through a bunch of small fish. Some guys are catching larger rockfish in the shallow water around structure just outside the creek. I agree, the water temps are starting to fall off and the larger fish are starting to feed. I'm just having a hard time getting enough daylight after work during the week and fair weather on the weekends.

No excuse for you to not be fishing all day. Here fill this out. I have a whole stack of'um:

workexcuseslip.gif

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland

No excuse for you to not be fishing all day. Here fill this out. I have a whole stack of'um:

workexcuseslip.gif

That's awesome, I'll have to print a few copies of your form out at file them somewhere. Actually, my plan is to shoot when I can't fish, I assumed that was a valid excuse for not fishing. Also, my boat is only a 27-footer, its best I don't go out on the bay when it's blowing 25.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    nice blues are a hard thing to come by around here! how big were they?

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    Ok, you got me, they where on the small size but good smoking size. I am not a fan of eating the larger ones but they are fun to catch. We caught a few of the several pound sized ones over on the east side of 72 a few months ago. I think they're fine by now but I could be wrong. I tried to fish under the blues last night to hunt for rockfish.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom