• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Rant alert:

A third party does only one thing and that one thing is this. It dilutes the amount of votes that would, otherwise, go into the Republican column.

Third party folks tend to be more Liberal than Conservative.

A vote for a third party candidate is a vote for the Liberal column.

A vote for a third party candidate is a vote taken away from the Republican column.

This is so fuc*ing simple.

You ready???

All gun owners need to become one issue voters and they actually need to come out and vote.

No more guns and genitalia.

No more guns and rainbows.

No more guns and immigration.

No more guns and I really don't mind paying a rain tax.

Get the picture yet???!!! Are you awake yet???!!!

SB281 should be a 2x4 upside the head regarding all Maryland firearm owners and tax payers who are sick and tired of being put upon, but I have my doubts.

2014 will tell the tale.

This concludes my daily rant.

Go DINO!!!

This is true in so many ways. Third party dilutes votes for the other side to win. I had this convo with a "friend" a while back that there was no such thing as a Pro 2A democrat. Think there is? Ask the blue dogs that put Nancy Pelosi into the Speakership which in my mind has led to the shutdown we have now. Where ate they now and where are we? The party in power sets the rules and agenda.

Until as a community we work and fight like the other side we wont get anywhere. I know its hard because unlike them we have jobs and responsibility but still.

1obxnut

Aug 21, 2013
    Silver Spring, MoCo
    Problem is who are we going to vote for? As I recall, the last election for Mo-Co ; most of these DAMocrats (or DUMocrats) went unchallenged in their districts..District 15 still has one open spot:sad20:.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Problem is who are we going to vote for? As I recall, the last election for Mo-Co ; most of these DAMocrats (or DUMocrats) went unchallenged in their districts..District 15 still has one open spot:sad20:.

You are correct.

Many, would be, candidates will not even attempt a run because they know they will have no chance at winning some individual counties. That is sad and I don't know how we can get past that.

The same holds true for the inner city. There is no way on God's little green acres that it will ever fall into Republican hands. The Liberals down there have their song and dance down pretty good and the Liberal Lemmings will happily jump off which ever cliff they are driven towards.

In short, some counties and areas will remain a write-off.

I think district 42 can be taken back though.

Go DINO!!!

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    The only 3rd party that would be beneficial would be if Liberal were added instead of conservatives. Liberal, Democrat, Republican. There would be a lot of split between liberal and democrat.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    We can rant all we want, but the basic problem is both sides seem to pick the most caustic candidate that polorizes the elctorate. If we could get someone that would stop trying to polorize everything and work to the common good we might get somewhere. The 2 Party System is a joke in that both parties have the common goal of dividing the electorate so they can work the lobbiests for their own gain. There is no such thing as Statesmanship in politics anymore.

DarrellA

Jacksonian Independent
    Aug 20, 2013
    MD
    You are correct.

In short, some counties and areas will remain a write-off.

Go DINO!!!

Roger that! See my comment on gerrymandering. I live in District 31, a Republican stronghold. District 31 has now been gerrymandered into District 31A & 31B. It appears to my inexperienced eye that 31A is predominately Democrat, so they're now guaranteed to get at least 1 of the 3 District 31 seats.

And, BTW, I am also an advocate of DINO. Just don't think that's the be all and end all of what needs to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom