• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Does Mossberg still make the MVP Patrol Bolt Action Rifle in .223/5.56..??

I can't seem to find any definitive answer using Google Fu, but every online retailer I have checked lists it as either "out of stock" and/or "discontinued" so I am thinking they may have stopped making it. The only place I have found a few is on Gunbroker for what I consider unrealistic prices (like north of $700).

I did try posting something in the Want to Buy section here at MDS but haven't gotten any bites, so if any of you guys know where I might find one please PM me. Thanks.

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    I know it's not the Mossberg, but a very similar rifle is the Ruger American Ranch in 5.56. It also takes AR mags. If you are interested, I know South Carroll Sporting Goods has one (used) currently.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I know it's not the Mossberg, but a very similar rifle is the Ruger American Ranch in 5.56. It also takes AR mags. If you are interested, I know South Carroll Sporting Goods has one (used) currently.

Thanks, I might look in to that.

I am a long time Ruger fan, but one of the things that kind of soured me on the Ruger American Ranch is it doesn't have iron sights and that's kind of a deal breaker for me because optics can (and sometimes do) fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom