• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjohn55

LDO for CNO!
    Jan 13, 2016
    Willards, MD
    Picked up a S&W Shield 45 a couple of weeks ago from Charly Zink in Perry Hall, brought it home, did a quick clean and lube and brought it to Free State to put a few rounds though it. Loved the gun (truly minimal recoil for a 22 oz gun), but the magazine kept popping out while in the act of shooting as well as the occasional slide locking back even though there were still rounds in the magazine. Ran 150 rounds of different brands of ammo through the gun, but the problem never cleared. Also, my thumb was not inadvertently hitting the magazine eject button. Tried a different grip and one magazine using my weak hand, but still had the problem.
    Went over to the S&W forum and found out I wasn't the only person experiencing those same problems - Called S&W who sent me a FEDEX label and had me ship the gun back to them for inspection and repair. Supposed to be a three week turn-around. So - we will see..........

Aside from that, a very very nice gun. Fun to shoot, sights are dead on, very manageable recoil for a .45 and they've changed the grip stippling from the Shield 9MM and .40 to a more aggressive pattern around the entire grip. It's just 2 ounces heavier than the Shield 9MM and slightly longer - maybe a half inch or so. Very concealable for those that are lucky enough to have a W&C.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Picked up a S&W Shield 45 a couple of weeks ago from Charly Zink in Perry Hall, brought it home, did a quick clean and lube and brought it to Free State to put a few rounds though it. Loved the gun (truly minimal recoil for a 22 oz gun), but the magazine kept popping out while in the act of shooting as well as the occasional slide locking back even though there were still rounds in the magazine. Ran 150 rounds of different brands of ammo through the gun, but the problem never cleared. Also, my thumb was not inadvertently hitting the magazine eject button. Tried a different grip and one magazine using my weak hand, but still had the problem.
    Went over to the S&W forum and found out I wasn't the only person experiencing those same problems - Called S&W who sent me a FEDEX label and had me ship the gun back to them for inspection and repair. Supposed to be a three week turn-around. So - we will see..........

Aside from that, a very very nice gun. Fun to shoot, sights are dead on, very manageable recoil for a .45 and they've changed the grip stippling from the Shield 9MM and .40 to a more aggressive pattern around the entire grip. It's just 2 ounces heavier than the Shield 9MM and slightly longer - maybe a half inch or so. Very concealable for those that are lucky enough to have a W&C.

They had the same issue with the .40 shields when they first came out. I have a 9mm and havn't experienced any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom