• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Midway has the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 BDC with SF for sale for #329 shipped. Very tempted to order just want to see what others think. I've never owned a Vortex. Have also ben tempted to get their new 1-6 who''s name escapes me.

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    Midway has the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 BDC with SF for sale for #329 shipped. Very tempted to order just want to see what others think. I've never owned a Vortex. Have also ben tempted to get their new 1-6 who''s name escapes me.

I believe the one you're talking about is the 1-6x24 Strike Eagle.

I have been very happy with my viper PST.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I have that scope with mil-dot and love it. Very clean glass that I have shot out to 1000 yards (longest I had access to) with great results.

Have it on my Savage 30-06 with great results. Took it elk hunting in Colorado last year. Stayed zeroed through four flights and many hours in the car. The wheels off the heavy-duty gun case broke from the airline's treatment, but the rifle stayed zeroed. I was shocked.

Deerminator

Jul 5, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Vortex makes great scopes. Their customer service is top notch as well. Personally, I'm satisfied with the performance of their Diamondback line for the price but also have a Viper and the improved clarity is noticeable.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I have two PST's (6-24ffp & 1-4) and love em both. Burris XTR two looks awesome as well for a little more.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I believe the one you're talking about is the 1-6x24 Strike Eagle.

I have been very happy with my viper PST.

That's it, thanks. Wonder how it compares to the Primary Arms 1-6 that is $60 less and has the exact same specs. My friend who does 3 gun in TX loves his Primary Arms. The main difference I see is the warrantee.

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    That's it, thanks. Wonder how it compares to the Primary Arms 1-6 that is $60 less and has the exact same specs. My friend who does 3 gun in TX loves his Primary Arms. The main difference I see is the warrantee.

I have seen really good reviews for the Primary Arms 1-6x24. I'm sure either scopes performance will make you happy.

The question you need to ask yourself... is $60 more worth it knowing your scope is covered for life (no questions asked) vs. $60 less for a 3 year warranty.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I have the same scope rico903 and I love it on my 20'' AR. I've got it mounted on a VEPR QR mount which is the perfect height for me. Hopefully you ordered it by now. If so, good choice.:thumbsup:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have a Vortex 6-24 PST and love it and also have the new StrikeEagle 1-6x24 on order, but they are not shipping... yet.... grrrrr lol

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Would this scope be a good choice for a .308 AR rifle ?

I don't see why not. It's a great scope. Are there better scopes out there? Well, yes. For the money? Maybe, maybe not. I find it hard to beat, cost/quality wise.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Would this scope be a good choice for a .308 AR rifle ?
    My 6-24PST sits atop a 308AR.. and works quite well.. ;)

DSC00706800x324_zps3fbf2c95.jpg

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Many think they are made in USA. My PST has a sticker on the bottom saying made in the Philippines. Still a very good scope and very accurate

They are good scopes, but yes, they are made overseas just like the majority of the scopes on the market. Not even Leupold's are 100% sourced or assembled in the US.

Vortex Strike Eagles were just released. The biggest difference between them is the Vortex has a LIFETIME VIP warranty versus a 3yr warranty on the Primary Arms scope. The PA scopes are good for the money, but the Strike Eagles are selling like crazy.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Many think they are made in USA. My PST has a sticker on the bottom saying made in the Philippines. Still a very good scope and very accurate

They are essentially Japanese scope components assembled in the Philippines. Except the Diamondback line, it's made in China. :roll eyes:

I have two Vortex Viper PST's and really like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom