• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Has anyone seen if these are available yet? I have found two places online that have then listed but they are out of stock. Thanks for input. FYI I'm well aware they won't be available in MD. Just asking if anyone has found them online or has any info when they may be available.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Has anyone seen if these are available yet? I have found two places online that have then listed but they are out of stock. Thanks for input. FYI I'm well aware they won't be available in MD. Just asking if anyone has found them online or has any info when they may be available.

Interested in these too. Gen 1s are probably fine but scuttlebutt is the gen 2s are supposed to be steel reinforced, so I'm going to wait.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Are these better than the battle proven milsurp mags? I can't imagine that's the case.

Classic still has the 30 round Bakelite mags. They are limited to 10 rounds so you can have them shipped here.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/accessories/russ30rdbakelite

Supposedly the price pt of the steel reinforced Magpul Ak mags will be around $20, as opposed to the $35 of the bakelites you linked to or possibly even more for the Circle 10s. Plus, they are supposed to work/fit flawlessly in the Sig 556r, and a lot of polymer mags will not.

I will check out the steel reinforced ones once they are introduced.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Supposedly the price pt of the steel reinforced Magpul Ak mags will be around $20, as opposed to the $35 of the bakelites you linked to or possibly even more for the Circle 10s. Plus, they are supposed to work/fit flawlessly in the Sig 556r, and a lot of polymer mags will not.

I will check out the steel reinforced ones once they are introduced.

But the bakelites I linked to are some of the more expensive Milsurp AK mags. Most steel can be had for $15-$20 all day long. I bought tons of them for $15 each when Classic City was selling parts kits. I think the plastic Polish milsurp AK mags go for like $10 each.

Good for people that like them, but I personally have no use for Magpul AK mags. I like Magpul for ARs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom