• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I don't know about Bud's, but CTD 9m such as Brown Bear & Tula should be in the $9-$13 range for a 50 round box instead of the $20 they're asking right now. Oh, & that doesn't include shipping & handling which, to ship to MD adds another $13.58, so that puts the cost of 50rd box of 9mm target ammo at $32.77.

:sad20:

Buds and CTD aren't very good places to shop for ammo online.

You are correct in that the shipping costs are what makes the overall cost of ammo purchased online often times more expensive than just buying it @ WM, however, if you search out places like ammo seek to find the best deals, you can sometimes save a bit, and it gets delivered right to your door, you don't have to go chasing it down and hope they have it in stock when you walk in the store.

Palmetto State Armory often has good deals on popular pistol and rifle calibers, and their shipping prices to MD are very reasonable.

To make it worthwhile though, you need to order a minimum of about 5 to 10 boxes, to spread out the shipping cost. It's not cost effective to buy one or two boxes of ammo from even the cheapest supplier, by the time you add in shipping.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Buds and CTD aren't very good places to shop for ammo online.

You are correct in that the shipping costs are what makes the overall cost of ammo purchased online often times more expensive than just buying it @ WM, however, if you search out places like ammo seek to find the best deals, you can sometimes save a bit, and it gets delivered right to your door, you don't have to go chasing it down and hope they have it in stock when you walk in the store.

Palmetto State Armory often has good deals on popular pistol and rifle calibers, and their shipping prices to MD are very reasonable.

To make it worthwhile though, you need to order a minimum of about 5 to 10 boxes, to spread out the shipping cost. It's not cost effective to buy one or two boxes of ammo from even the cheapest supplier, by the time you add in shipping.

Except for one chance encounter with ammunition at Walmart a month or more ago, all my ammo since last December has been bought online, found through sites like ammoseek, also aim surplus, and gunbot. My brother in law lives in NC and is amazed that we in MD have such trouble finding ammo, and says that their local shops, Gander, etc., have no shortages at all. He's offered to bring up whatever ammo I need or want anytime he comes up. Looks like I'll be able to eliminate those shipping charges altogether.

Wiley

MDS Supporter
    Jul 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    As of 2:00 PM today Walmart on Guliford DR in Frederick has a bunch of M193 in 20 rd boxes for 10.57. Kind of high, but they have it.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Except for one chance encounter with ammunition at Walmart a month or more ago, all my ammo since last December has been bought online, found through sites like ammoseek, also aim surplus, and gunbot. My brother in law lives in NC and is amazed that we in MD have such trouble finding ammo, and says that their local shops, Gander, etc., have no shortages at all. He's offered to bring up whatever ammo I need or want anytime he comes up. Looks like I'll be able to eliminate those shipping charges altogether.

You are indeed a lucky man...:D

The Walmart closest to me (Mt. Airy) hasn't had squat for months now, and like you, my ammo purchases have been almost exclusively from online sources.

Occasionally I've managed to find a good deal or two thru Armslist and on web boards, but they are few and far between. Most of the guys selling at these places have the ammo ridiculously overpriced, and then wonder why it doesn't sell... :innocent0

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    If you don't mind making the trip, I get almost all of my ammo in Charles town at Waly world. They have a one box limit though. I can get 5.56, 9, or 40 almost every try.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Pretty well stocked right now. They have federal 9mm and 45.

image-576392842.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom