• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vandy

Feb 27, 2007
    Churchton, MD
    Pretty sure the licenses expire on July 31 each year. They still have the 2012-2013 guide posted....can't seem to find the updated info for 2013-2014.

Wait...looks like they haven't updated the text, but the link on compass does take you to current regs.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Pretty sure the licenses expire on July 31 each year. They still have the 2012-2013 guide posted....can't seem to find the updated info for 2013-2014.

Wait...looks like they haven't updated the text, but the link on compass does take you to current regs.

You are correct. I have a copy of the new book
    dygy7e6y.jpg

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

Yep. I don't see where anything has changed from last season regarding Deer or Goose. I'm setting here now ( impatiently ) waiting for August 15th to get here so I can go out and put some birds on the ground.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Yep. I don't see where anything has changed from last season regarding Deer or Goose. I'm setting here now ( impatiently ) waiting for August 15th to get here so I can go out and put some birds on the ground.

Where are you getting Aug 15th? I see Sept?

crowmd

Mar 3, 2013
    :thumbsup: Been giving the FoxPro a trial in the evenings with excellent response. Gotta stop though before they get too wise.

which fox pro do you have been thinking about switch but cant find come here crow in mp3 format and thats my best call

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    which fox pro do you have been thinking about switch but cant find come here crow in mp3 format and thats my best call

My Crow caller is home built using a 12 volt tractor battery with a car stereo CD player and a 65 watt PA horn speaker that all fits in one wooden home made box. I have several CD's that have mixed calls.

crowmd

Mar 3, 2013
    My Crow caller is home built using a 12 volt tractor battery with a car stereo CD player and a 65 watt PA horn speaker that all fits in one wooden home made box. I have several CD's that have mixed calls.

i have two js tape players and all the tapes for crow and fox but its getting old like me and heavy to carry with every thing else we carry sure would be nice to have a remote to start and stop and fox bang crow hunting is fun but it gets costly and once you start you cant stop

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    i have two js tape players and all the tapes for crow and fox but its getting old like me and heavy to carry with every thing else we carry sure would be nice to have a remote to start and stop and fox bang crow hunting is fun but it gets costly and once you start you cant stop

I have an original JS Crow Frenzy Cassette if you want it. It's hardly been used. I copied a section of the tape and then mastered that file to an MP3 and burned a CD. It's the standard #204 Crow Frenzy and I do not need it. If you want it PM your address and I'll mail it out to you. This cassette is in minty fresh condition.

Attachments

• DSC02864.JPG
      DSC02864.JPG
      62.4 KB · Views: 293

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

I bought a garden cart from Tractor Supply - see it here that was about $100.00 It's like 30" wide by 48" long and I pack the caller and decoys, ammo boxes, lunch, drinks, guns, everything goes in the cart. Big knobby tires and not carrying anything. Travels in mud and snow as well.

I also use this for hauling my Goose decoys across the field. Makes and excellent Deer cart as well.

Attachments

• garden cart.jpg
      garden cart.jpg
      24.8 KB · Views: 292

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Bought mine this morning at Wally World. $71.50 hurts ($24.50 license/$6.00 bow stamp/$6.00 muzzleloader stamp/$35.00 managed hunt license) Got the managed hunt license so I can slip into the managed bowhunting area behind my house.

Mine totaled at $62.50 this year. I always get the same products and nothing has changed from last years total.

Resident Adult - $24.50
    Bow - $6.00 (scam)
    Muzzleloader - $6.00 (scam)
    Federal Duck Stamp - $17.00
    Mig. Game Bird / HIP - $9.00

I passed on the Bonus Buck stamp this year. I also passed on the Myrtle Grove shooting range permit ( again for the 3rd year )

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

I wanted to mention my two newest investments for this years Crow season. If you have not seen these, or already have them, you should buy a couple. I searched high and low and finally found them. I have a new 4 pound bag of flocking and these birds will get a good flocking soon. Full size, spread wing, fliers. I have two sections of 4 foot 1/2" conduit pipe with two 4 foot sections of 1/2" CPVC pipe, camo painted, and ready for mounting these birds in the field so the wobble and rotate. I drilled a hole in the CPVC end caps and inserted a small bolt in each so they would fit through the mounting hole in each decoy back. I finally found these decoys at Knutson's / Crow Decoys.

Attachments

• CROW DECOYS - KNUTSONS - JUNE 19, 2013.jpg
      CROW DECOYS - KNUTSONS - JUNE 19, 2013.jpg
      98.5 KB · Views: 248

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom