GOOSE HUNTING... Yes, I Am Getting Ready... Decoys ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I am trying to get my hands on 6 more shells decoys. Maybe full body. Anyone know any good sources for Goose decoys ? I figure if I start shopping now I might actually find some deals by September.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Craigslist will occasionally have some posted there, also the Cabelas Bargain Cave can have some good deals.

I am trying to get my hands on 6 more shells decoys. Maybe full body. Anyone know any good sources for Goose decoys ? I figure if I start shopping now I might actually find some deals by September.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Craigslist will occasionally have some posted there, also the Cabelas Bargain Cave can have some good deals.

Thanks. I'll have to try the Craigslist thing. I stay away from there for all of the SPAM and BS emails, but, I'll give it a shot.

I have some Carry-Lite shells now that work extremely well. I can get a set of 6 for about $65.00, but, I figured I would try the "used" department first.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    Yea, it's nice when you have someone else to call for you isn't it?

Now now. Thats no way to be. But you know as good as i do that they just drop in if they arent being stubborn or people arent shooting at them 70yds out. We could always leave it up to Jeff.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Yeh I have a hotmail account that I use for craigslist and other online things that require registering with an email address. I never use my primary email for that stuff.

Thanks. I'll have to try the Craigslist thing. I stay away from there for all of the SPAM and BS emails, but, I'll give it a shot.

I have some Carry-Lite shells now that work extremely well. I can get a set of 6 for about $65.00, but, I figured I would try the "used" department first.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Yeh I have a hotmail account that I use for craigslist and other online things that require registering with an email address. I never use my primary email for that stuff.

I did the same thing and I got tired of opening crap emails. Wasted my time.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I have 3.5 dozen full bodies to assemble (Final Approach). I think ill have to wait for cooler temps,.... like September!

Deerminator

Jul 5, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I've purchased the majority of my dekes from Rogers Sporting Goods. They usually have a waterfowl gear sale in August. Great place for ammo as well.

If you want to buy used/local, check out the Refuge Forums' Chesapeake sub-forum for people selling used.

I see closeout or pro staff returned dekes posted on Avery's forums as well from time to time, but they will usually go quickly.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Bass pro has there hunting sale every August and they sometime put there decoys on sale for half off. I want to say last year I saw 6 full bodies or 12 shells for around $50. I picked up a couple boxes of the full bodies to mix into my spread. They ain't nothing special but helped out. I did flock all of there heads cause they did put off a lot of shine tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom