Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old April 14th, 2013, 11:09 AM #21
Silent Majority Member

Silent Majority Member

Well, there's a lot of conflicting information out there, even some on this thread. I had stated my previous opinion regarding priorities based on information gathered on threads here- that jameson had voted on amendments with the antis. I look forward to the SMIBville Liberty Tree event, and hope to be able to attend. That would be a two-fold for me- getting up to speed on real facts, and meeting some of the fine SMIBgunners in person. I think realistically we should be thinking about knocking one person off to send the message. That would be Murphy. I'm not sure how much we can affect thing politically, as I'm not really tuned in to local politics. I plan to be, though
Parshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:18 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by camobob View Post
+1 on murphy - you have the data on jameson?
i believe she voted against or abstained on 27 amendments and voted for 8. if she didnt vote for most or all the amendments , in my book, that puts her on the anti side.
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

NRA life member
Va ccw
Fla ccw
MSI
44man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:24 PM #23
Ammo addict

Ammo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELEMENT94 View Post
I got seven. @ 46 cents each. Much patting self on back.
I thought I was in the lead at five, but you have me beat!
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:28 PM #24
Ammo addict

Ammo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by camobob View Post
CT Wilson is good man. He owns and shoots AR's and has a carry permit. We don't have enough friends to be making mistakes. Peter Murphy is a douche all right but I'm not so sure about Sally Jameson. She was against this all the way. I'm on the board this morning to start researching the facts - I know Murphy voted against every amendment, voted for letting it out of committee, then voted against the final bill. I figure he had permission so he could lie about supporting 2A next year. If we come off the anti everyone and he says he voted against it, he'll probably get 50% of the gun vote. Does anyone have the full vote tally? I'm curious what Sally did on the amendments. When I spoke with her she said she was totally against 281. If she put her vote where mouth is then we need her. A woman delegate who specializes in woman's issues and is pro - 2A!!
Then there's Mac. Make up your own mind about his vote for cloture but at least think it through. He's not a bad a guy and he did vote no both times. The demographics and polling in district 28 indicate the voted against his constituency to support us. Not trying to tell anyone what to think here, I'm just concerned that we could wind up bad mouthing good people and hurting our own cause.
+1 on CT Wilson. He called me back one late Friday night and said the bill was nothing but a gun grab. He's not popular with the "in kids" - Murphy, Jameson, Kelly, and Owe Malley. I think he should be spared. Dump the rest.
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:30 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parshooter View Post
Well, there's a lot of conflicting information out there, even some on this thread. I had stated my previous opinion regarding priorities based on information gathered on threads here- that jameson had voted on amendments with the antis. I look forward to the SMIBville Liberty Tree event, and hope to be able to attend. That would be a two-fold for me- getting up to speed on real facts, and meeting some of the fine SMIBgunners in person. I think realistically we should be thinking about knocking one person off to send the message. That would be Murphy. I'm not sure how much we can affect thing politically, as I'm not really tuned in to local politics. I plan to be, though

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/fr...ect3&ys=2013RS

you can check out how they voted on the amendments at the bottom of the page with this link.

NRA life member
Va ccw
Fla ccw
MSI
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:43 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgreco View Post
+1 on CT Wilson. He called me back one late Friday night and said the bill was nothing but a gun grab. He's not popular with the "in kids" - Murphy, Jameson, Kelly, and Owe Malley. I think he should be spared. Dump the rest.
wilson voted for almost exactly half the amendments and voted no on a few and absstained on the rest. i am on the fence about him. what has he said publicly or written publicly?

NRA life member
Va ccw
Fla ccw
MSI

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues