• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 29, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Hey everyone, been stalking the forum for a while, finally created an account.

Lifelong MD resident, I know we have some of the tougher gun laws but I’ve never had the privilege to live somewhere that isn’t so restrictive.

Bought my first pistol many years ago before things got crazy post Sandy Hook. Recently got my HQL straightened out after dealing with some legal issues. Got the itch now so I’m getting into building while deciding what’s worth buying, standard problem of champagne taste on a beer budget.

Currently own a Mossberg 715t plinker, Stoeger 12 gauge, and finishing the build on a Glock 19 built on a polymer 80. Can’t quite get the gun to rack right, even after taking it apart several times and replacing a few parts. I think it’s a problem with the frame rails because that and or the ejector are making contact with the bottom side of the slide. Anyway might start a new thread about that soon.

Anyone happen to have a barrel lock for a 9mm pistol they might be willing to lend for a short period of time? Picking up a S&W Shield I ordered after coming across a great price. I’m in west Baltimore county and work downtown in the city.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• 4A6A1AC0-D04A-457C-9D0D-625971EFB9A3.jpeg
      4A6A1AC0-D04A-457C-9D0D-625971EFB9A3.jpeg
      30.4 KB · Views: 179

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Welcome aboard.
    Oftentimes the issue you're having is due to not enough "meat" being removed from where the guide rod/spring compresses. The other common one is the slide lock spring not being seated properly (pic below).
    I'm in Pikesville. Let me see if I can dig up a MD approved 9mm lock.

Attachments

• Slide_Lock_Spring_glock__29990.1546021560.451.416.jpg
      Slide_Lock_Spring_glock__29990.1546021560.451.416.jpg
      4.9 KB · Views: 159
    Dec 29, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Thanks guys.

Will likely join MSI soon. The constraints on being able to obtain a CCW permit really frustrate me, I always wonder how many criminals are carrying compared to law abiding citizens, I'm sure we're outnumbered. I do believe in the mantra "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Thanks for the info about the lock exchange, might look into that more if I don't hear from squaregrouper or anyone else. I did talk to the FFL dealer and he said it was fine to bring one, and didn't care if it was borrowed, his words: "I don't care where it comes from, as long as the pistol has one when it leaves my shop." Seems like a good guy though I haven't met him yet, will post details after the transaction is complete.

Thanks for the advice squaregrouper, I do need to do some more filing in the barrel area, as I can't pull the slide back fully when the guide rod/spring is installed, but its still difficult to move even when I install the slide with those not present. Its tight enough I don't think it could just be a lubrication issue. I also trimmed the spring you mentioned after seeing someone with that issue on youtube, and realized it wasn't seated properly. Now it seems to be situated right, I also installed a new slide lock because the initial 'extended' version wasn't sitting right.

Love the MDS parody; How do I build an AR-15? I am planning a build soon though, already ordered some tools, now sourcing what I want to put together, but need to look at 1,000 options to decide what works for me, and whats MD compliant, since a lightweight barrel would make me criminal. I promise to only post feedback, and hopefully a finished product. I'm ordering a book and will be watching plenty of videos; I've learned asking generic questions either gets 0 meaningful replies, or 100 that contradict each other.

I've learned some interesting stuff from the forum, seen some cool pics, and have enjoyed the general nature of the community. Look forward to becoming more involved.

Dec 29, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Greetings! I will soon be joining you in the county. I assume you shoot at AGC. Any other decent places nearby?

AGC? I’ve been going to Continental Arms in Timonium, probably several closer ranges, but Continental has a large shop and offers classes too. I’d be up for checking out local ranges though. Where are you moving to?

AGC? I’ve been going to Continental Arms in Timonium, probably several closer ranges, but Continental has a large shop and offers classes too. I’d be up for checking out local ranges though. Where are you moving to?

AGC = Associated Gun Clubs and is in Marriottsville MD. You join one of the associated clubs and then you can buy an annual range badge. They have pistol, 100yd rifle, 200yd rifle, trap and an indoor pellet range.
    https://associatedgunclubs.org/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom