• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archi

Vote or die trying
    Jan 9, 2012
    Reiterating from my introduction post, I’m maybe 7 years in the gun world but have tried to move along smartly. After a lot of training and practice I feel very comfortable around guns and have my W&C permit. I rarely post because I rarely have much to add to the discussion … you all know so much. I indicated in my intro post that I’ve learned a ton from all of you. I thought I’d take a second and list out the Top Ten things I’ve learned from being an avid reader of MDS:

1) Your brain is the #1 safety on your gun.

2) Carrying a gun means you have to take more guff from people, not less … including sprinkling in some ‘yes, sir’s along the way. Do everything in your power to avoid a fight in the first place.

3) Train the way you’ll fight.

4) There are (almost) no ADs … they’re NDs.

5) It will not go off of you keep your finger off the trigger … so keep one in the pipe. If you don’t trust yourself to keep your finger off the trigger you shouldn’t be anywhere near a loaded gun.

6) Have at least Plans A and B … if not C and D … and get to know a lawyer.

7) Of course it’s dangerous … it’s a loaded gun! It depends on me to handle it in a safe manner.

8) “I’d rather be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.” Thanks Sirex .

9) How to navigate our Byzantine laws around buying, trading, carrying, building, transporting and storing firearms.

10) Pay attention to what’s going on … around you in your physical environment and around us in the political environment.

Feel free to add your own to my list. Thank you all!!!!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Reiterating from my introduction post, I’m maybe 7 years in the gun world but have tried to move along smartly. After a lot of training and practice I feel very comfortable around guns and have my W&C permit. I rarely post because I rarely have much to add to the discussion … you all know so much. I indicated in my intro post that I’ve learned a ton from all of you. I thought I’d take a second and list out the Top Ten things I’ve learned from being an avid reader of MDS:

2) Carrying a gun means you have to take more guff from people, not less … including sprinkling in some ‘yes, sir’s along the way. Do everything in your power to avoid a fight in the first place.

5) It will not go off of you keep your finger off the trigger … so keep one in the pipe. If you don’t trust yourself to keep your finger off the trigger you shouldn’t be anywhere near a loaded gun.

7) Of course it’s dangerous … it’s a loaded gun! It depends on me to handle it in a safe manner.

8) “I’d rather be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.” Thanks Sirex .

9) How to navigate our Byzantine laws around buying, trading, carrying, building, transporting and storing firearms.

10) Pay attention to what’s going on … around you in your physical environment and around us in the political environment.

Good informative second post.

O.P - You don't post much, but when you do it's a home run! :party29:

His post are increasing at an exponential rate. I predict his next post will be on January 6th 2019.

Op get started now you only have 10 weeks to prove me right.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Thanks Mr. Ed. I will add that I quote your tag line extensively. It's brilliant!

You are most welcome! And to be honest, I stole that tag line from a friend on the MINI Cooper forum several years ago. Sadly, it still seems appropriate. Maybe it's even more applicable now than it was a few years ago. :D

hermyjoe

Feb 5, 2012
    riverdale md

Spot on, great post. you got my vote for governor

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom