• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    For all the people that can't understand why Glock made this........ Here is why, there is a market and other manufacturers are making money extending the grip while only adding 2 rounds from Strike Industries, True Precision and Shield Arms to name a few.

Companies milling RMR cuts = Glock Factory RMR cuts
    Companies making forward serrations = Glock factory forward serrations
    Companies making Plus 2 grip extensions for G43 = G43X :)

That doesn't explain what Glock did.

People don't always trust aftermarket mag extentions over a true purpose-built product.

If Glock wanted to, they could easily make and sell their own extended mag, and have it be a pure Glock company product.

They're selling this because they know they can milk the market, then sell a thinner one later. Why sell people one perfect pistol, when they can get people to buy 1 or 2 others along the way?

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Glock is screwing G43 owners. By not making the G43x and G48 mag incompatible with the G43. Always been a strong point with Glock, the ability to use higher cap mags on smaller pistols. Outside of the gen5s. This might be glocks new trend.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I dunno...I might pick up the 43X. I liked the Shield 2.0 over the 43 but could deal with a Hyve or Taran extension on the 43, in fact fits me better with the extension. The Sig P365 looked promising but got turned off by reliability reports. 43X seems like nice solution. The 48 doesn't interest me.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo

People don't always trust aftermarket mag extentions over a true purpose-built product.

If Glock wanted to, they could easily make and sell their own extended mag, and have it be a pure Glock company product.

They're selling this because they know they can milk the market, then sell a thinner one later. Why sell people one perfect pistol, when they can get people to buy 1 or 2 others along the way?

Again, I don’t understand what seems to be the problem other than the gun community seems not to like the basic formula of our capitalistic economy, I don’t see what Glock is doing that’s any different, it’s like buying a new car, of course they have engineers that can bring out a new body shape every year, but they wait a good five to six years, and just change aspects of the grill profile, a few tail and head lights, here and there. If there is market and people have a need, or want to waste money what’s the problem? Every product has fanboys some are just successful at obtaining them then others.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Again, I don’t understand what seems to be the problem other than the gun community seems not to like the basic formula of our capitalistic economy, I don’t see what Glock is doing that’s any different, it’s like buying a new car, of course they have engineers that can bring out a new body shape every year, but they wait a good five to six years, and just change aspects of the grill profile, a few tail and head lights, here and there. If there is market and people have a need, or want to waste money what’s the problem? Every product has fanboys some are just successful at obtaining them then others.

I guess after decades and decades of nothing or few choices. It's hard to adjust to an over abundance.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    But, I am always on the hunt for something that feels a bit better.

The quote above explains why I agree with the quote below. Glock understands the fact that gun carriers are a fidgety bunch. They're usually on the lookout for the next best thing and they're regularly willing to plunk down cash to try it.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

They are selling it as an option. The entire gun is an option, you have the option to not buy it if you so choose, or if you like the G43 buy it. If you like the G43X Buy it. It accommodates a different group (folks looking for a single stack 10 round 9mm that doesn't need an unreliable grip extension). Perhaps you don't understand because you were content with the G43. On the other hand I didn't buy a G43 I was waiting on something like this. Ergo, I totally understand what they did and why they did it.........

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I’m sure there are buyers for the 43x, states that limit to 10rd capacity and a hair smaller footprint than the G19.
    However IMO the dimensions make it a wash from a G19 in regards to concealing since the frame is nearly the same.

Here’s what many actually wanted in a new
    G43 (Gen2) after Sig released the P365 a year ago.

-10rd capacity same footprint
    -Undercut on the trigger guard
    -Better stippling
    -Improved trigger
    -Angled serrations, out with the vertical
    -MOS option
    -Dump the plastic sights
    -Various factory color options with latest protective coatings
    -Accesory Rail
    -3rd mag included in box
    Maybe even an orange follower in the mags like the G19 Gen5

I’m sure I missed something

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Why would I want the G43X over the G26?

I'm not trading in my G26 either, but the G43x will almost definitely be easier to conceal.

Besides that, maybe based on hand size, you may prefer a longer slimmer grip vs shorter and fatter. I haven't held the 43x yet, but I have no complaints about my 26, so I'll wait and see.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I'm not trading in my G26 either, but the G43x will almost definitely be easier to conceal.

Besides that, maybe based on hand size, you may prefer a longer slimmer grip vs shorter and fatter. I haven't held the 43x yet, but I have no complaints about my 26, so I'll wait and see.

Own both!! No need to replace anything...

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    They are selling it as an option. The entire gun is an option, you have the option to not buy it if you so choose, or if you like the G43 buy it. If you like the G43X Buy it. It accommodates a different group (folks looking for a single stack 10 round 9mm that doesn't need an unreliable grip extension). Perhaps you don't understand because you were content with the G43. On the other hand I didn't buy a G43 I was waiting on something like this. Ergo, I totally understand what they did and why they did it.........

Maybe Glock did it in expectation of a 10 round rule for mags?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm getting one as soon as available.
    I will be getting rid of an uncarried G19 to parlay in to it. Probably a 42 as well. Well, and my current 43.

People who say that the 19 (or 26) is a perfect carry pistol have never CC'd a P229 daily for 20 years.
    It's thinner. It's lighter. It fits in other carry applications I have.
    I'm not getting into round counts. I carry an extra mag. 20? I'm good.
    If I wanted larger, I'd carry my VP9 or HK45C. I can hide both easily. I don't care if Glock is "playing it's consumer base" for sales. I've gotten rid of a shit ton of guns in the past.
    The only thing the 48 is doing is giving a longer barrel? Don't need it at 10 yards or so.
    Carrying is about comfort. Every millimeter of thickness you add IWB, adds to discomfort. Hopefully, and I think, it will still fit my current Vedder holster.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I rented and fired both the 43x and the 48 last week and I found that both have very good out of the box triggers and both were very accurate at 10yrds. I use the easily concealed LCP II for my cc so no need for a 43x but the 48 is now on my list for a home piece.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Recently, I handled both a G26 and a G43 in an effort to determine which I wanted for my next build. Perhaps it is because I have gotten really comfortable shooting my G17 builds, but when I raised the guns, the G26 seemed to be on target and ready to fire while the G43 required me to reposition the gun before firing with each presentation. After considering the additional capacity, my G26 build is just waiting for the slide to arrive and should be completed in a couple more weeks.

I also looked at reviews on many of the mag extensions currently available. Common complaints were about fit and finish mostly but several other things were problems and no add-on was without something negative IMO and will not be used on my guns. My preference is to keep things as simple as possible to limit potential problems in the event I must defend myself with a handgun.

I will be watching for someone to produce a G43X compatible, 80% frame. I would gladly put in the effort to improve my presentation of the gun for the additional capacity and larger grip. Admittedly, the grips on the G26 and G43 are shorter than I would like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom