• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabagool

Jul 11, 2013
    Harford County
    Has anyone had issues mounting the X300 to a Picatinny rail?

I've tried my X300 on two different Sigs, and I can't get it mounted where the locking bar clicks into place and relieves spring pressure on the two tabs either side of the light. To take the light off, I have to remove the screws on the mounting bracket.

While I had the light off today, I checked to make sure I had the correct locking bar installed, and it definitely fits my rail. The problem seems to be that the mounting bracket isn't tall enough to allow the locking bar to clear the first rail section.

I checked the Surefire website and couldn't find any alternate mounting brackets. Has anyone else encountered this or found a way to fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_0962.jpg
      IMG_0962.jpg
      42.6 KB · Views: 1,057

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Same issue with my Legion. The locking bar marked "P" for picatinney fit the slot just fine but wouldn't engage when assembled on the light and slid on the pistol. I ended up using the universal mounting bar instead and it still locks up nice and tight. Give that a try.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Is it because the Sig rail bows out vs. a Picatinny rail? I can't tell in your picture but I'm guessing Sig's proprietary rail is preventing it from sitting properly. There are a bunch of videos describing how to file it to fit the rail but I can't tell if that is what you are referencing.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    What about trying the sliding locking bar instead of the spring loaded one? I haven't tried the sliding locking bar on the Sigs but it definitely works on my Colts.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Hopefully the pics uploaded and in the correct order. As was mentioned, Sig went with these rounded raised slots for some reason. The the locking bar is unable to clear them.

I used the universal mount set up and I can see some wear right in the middle from where it makes contact with the rail due to it being rounded and "raised" instead of flat all the way across. However, even with the universal mount, it still locks up tight. I've fired it this way and zero movement from the light.

Attachments

• IMG_2310.jpg
      IMG_2310.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 743
    • IMG_2311.jpg
      IMG_2311.jpg
      33.4 KB · Views: 744
    • IMG_2312.jpg
      IMG_2312.jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 751

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I've had this issue with a couple of smaller pistols. The problem in my case appeared to be that the light would not seat back far enough to allow the rail on the light to click into the rail channel on the pistol...basically, the back of the light is butting up against the trigger guard, not allowing it to slide back far enough.

Gabagool

Jul 11, 2013
    Harford County
    I found a video showing there's actually a back spacer where the light touches the trigger guard that is held in place by 4 pins. Removing it supposedly improves the clearance without having to grind down the mounting bracket.

Unfortunately, my 1/16th punch isn't long enough to get the pins out to test it.

I'll post an update if I find something strong and skinny enough to drive these last two pins out

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    Id contact surefire. Some sigs like the MK25 have 1913 rails but most have those curved rails. /Im sure they have an adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom