Attachments

• thP2U6W9AM.jpg
      thP2U6W9AM.jpg
      8.4 KB · Views: 893

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I like the idea but it looks huge to me. Like a swiss knife with all options. I have plenty o Glocks but nothing larger than a 19 so I'll keep an eye on this thing.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    It definitely drew inspiration from the Timberwolf frame, I could do without the big flared out mag well, and do wish it had a smaller circumference. I think some of the bulk is due to getting the external grip angle of the 1911 while keeping the internal magazine angle of the glock.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    FWIW I have put together two of these PF940C pistols now. Each one has taken a little over 30 minutes. Instead of dremeling the plastic rails off like the manufacturer suggests, I am using some snips and cutting them off. I then trim the rest of the plastic off with a box cutter or xacto knife. This makes for a much cleaner finish and saves a lot of time.

Make sure to grease the rails before assembling the slide. If you do this you will not have any issues what so ever. I have fired 200rds through mine so far with no malfunctions. I like it much more than a factory G19.

Photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Brand new complete Glock 17 slides still available. Check our IP section. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Cost comes out right at the price you'd pay for a stock glock. There's a huge thread here about them.

gorckat

Sep 4, 2013
    Dundalk
    Is an HQL required for an 80% pistol build?

I know there is the training exemption when you start with an 80% AR lower, but I don't recall what was required for one of these Spectre builds.

Robthebank1

Aug 22, 2017
    FWIW

JSD Supply and Ghost Guns have everything you need for a glock 19 build in stock starting at $650 on the low end at time of posting compared to $499 for a glock 19 gen 3 NIB from brownells

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    New full sized frame with steel rails in the rear coming this fall....

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/15/polymer80-pf940v2/

Personally I would wait for the new version with steel rails, or do a compact in the meantime and a full size later on. The plastic rear rails version does work, but they seem to be very hit or miss as to how well they hold up in the long term. I know I'll be replacing my plastic rails version for the new one once it hits the market.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Excellent, that'd save me a bit of time. I wind up doing a grip reduction and slight mod to the full-size to accept the compacts rear steel rails. The grip reduction/stippling takes so much longer than modding the frame to take the steel rear rails.

I can finally put my 31 slide back to as it should be, since my 32 slide assembly showed up today. :)

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    New full sized frame with steel rails in the rear coming this fall....

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/15/polymer80-pf940v2/

Personally I would wait for the new version with steel rails, or do a compact in the meantime and a full size later on. The plastic rear rails version does work, but they seem to be very hit or miss as to how well they hold up in the long term. I know I'll be replacing my plastic rails version for the new one once it hits the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7tBWvIRGc

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV

Great video, thanks for posting that..:)

FWIW, my compact frame with all steel rails runs like a scalded dog, I'm running both G19 and G23 slides on it, and so far not so much as a hiccup, and I expect it to hold up well in the long run based on what I've experienced thus far.

Although I've had no specific problems with my full size frame with plastic rear rails, I'm not as confident with it for the long run, some of our good friends here like Brad have had some...uhh..shall we say... "interesting experiences"...:D He's a bit more adventurous than I am, and I'd like to keep it that way, so I'm looking forward to the new all steel rails full size frame. Yeah, bring it on..:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom