• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Thank you. Good to know all this. So cash is better then card im assuming lol. Not my first gun. I do have a Browning Buck Mark which i got before the HQL law was placed. Helped get my HQL faster. Im mainly going to be looking at rifles. Prob a prebuilt AR-15 or other parts. Haven decided if i will build or just upgrade. Depends on budget and what they have at the show.

Just to be clear, i can purchase more then 10 round mags at the show. But if i was in MD it cant be more the. 10 rounds, purchased while in MD. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I think VA requires 2 id's with your address on it for any firearm purchase. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken. Any handgun you purchase will have to go thru a Maryland FFL dealer but most riffles and shotguns should be same day if they will sell to a Maryland resident as some just won't!

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I'm scratching my head for 2 IDs that satisfy this requirement. Apart from my DL, I don't think anything else gives my address, not even my passport.

PinoyDDragon

Jul 12, 2017
    I'm scratching my head for 2 IDs that satisfy this requirement. Apart from my DL, I don't think anything else gives my address, not even my passport.

Yea, 2nd id just need to be something that confirms name and address. 1 photo id is required. So car reg or a bill is good. Thats what i saw on the Gun Show site at least.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Ah! Thanks! I'd never thought of vehicle registration as a form of personal ID.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Just to be clear, i can purchase more then 10 round mags at the show. But if i was in MD it cant be more the. 10 rounds, purchased while in MD. Is that correct?

Any size magazine can be purchased outside the borders of MD and brought back when you depart America. Perfectly legal to own & use, just don't try to sell or give (or receive) any >10 to anyone else while in MD.

PS I believe it would be legal to sell >10 to a FFL in MD, they can legally sell & ship them out of state.

PinoyDDragon

Jul 12, 2017
    Any size magazine can be purchased outside the borders of MD and brought back when you depart America. Perfectly legal to own & use, just don't try to sell or give (or receive) any >10 to anyone else while in MD.

PS I believe it would be legal to sell >10 to a FFL in MD, they can legally sell & ship them out of state.

Got it. Thank you.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Looking at going first time. Is it better to go Friday to beat the gunshow crowd but hit the traffic heading home, or better to have less traffic Saturday, but run into more people at the show? I could go either day.

FWIW, the couple rifle purchases I have made from Va. a checkbook or hunting license was also good for 2nd ID as long as name and address were on it.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Pale Rider I've been there many times. It will take you 3-4 hrs. just to walk all the aisles 1.5 miles. I'm going Friday. 3 to 8 on fri. it should be 1 to 8. When I went there in Jan. of this year I stayed until 7:30. Traffic going down and back was not bad then. Who knows now with summer crowd. I'm 60 miles north of the show. Anyway go you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Looking at going first time. Is it better to go Friday to beat the gunshow crowd but hit the traffic heading home, or better to have less traffic Saturday, but run into more people at the show? I could go either day.

The crowd is always bad. Parking is very, very hard. And the traffic is always heavy.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm headed down tomorrow. I get there about 1pm and head to Willards BBQ for lunch before the show. I'll be rolling solo this time.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Any vendors there that will make custom paddle holsters? Would like to get one made for my Shield with crimson trace. It came with an IWB, but I like my Fobus paddle

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I will be there with my wife and the new baby. I will try to wear a MDS shirt.

I need new tall sights for my m&p 9. Do you all think it is worth bringing the slide with me to have them installed while I am there?

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Does anyone know if any vendors sell AR lower receivers to wretches from Maryland? Any recommendations as to Vendors? One is on my list, as well as several other things.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Any vendors there that will make custom paddle holsters? Would like to get one made for my Shield with crimson trace. It came with an IWB, but I like my Fobus paddle

There are usually 2 companies that make Kydex holsters on-site. You'll want to bring the gun/laser to be fitted. They have dummy molds for common guns.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There is usually One company that makes kydex holsters literally on site. Usually Two more that usually offer if you leave it with them on a Fri or Sat, they can make back at their shop overnite, and have for you next day at the show .

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    There is usually One company that makes kydex holsters literally on site. Usually Two more that usually offer if you leave it with them on a Fri or Sat, they can make back at their shop overnite, and have for you next day at the show .

Uhhh, 4 + hours of driving? No thanks, does the York, or any of the balt area shows have vendors that make holsters?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Uhhh, 4 + hours of driving? No thanks, does the York, or any of the balt area shows have vendors that make holsters?

There is an Oaks Gun Show in August. They will probably have a vendor there. No guarantees but they'll have over 1000 tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom