echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Gun Auction Today and Tomorrow
    Morphy Auctions
    Extraordinary, Sporting, & Collector Firearms
    October 22 - 23, 2019 • 9:00 AM EDT
    https://www.morphyauctions.com/auctions/past-auctions/extraordinary-sporting-collector-firearms/

Including the Musket that fired the first shot at Bunker Hill.
    https://auctions.morphyauctions.com...STORIC_DOCUMENTED_DUTCH_FLINTL-LOT467105.aspx

Careful don't spend all your money.

Wow! There's some amazing stuff in this auction, starting with that musket, a NIB M-60...

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Morphy is a love/hate thing for me that I've discussed here before. One of those houses that you'd be best served by attending in person to allow for inspection. Since acquiring James Julia's auction house the quality of there catalogs has jumped up, a big plus. Sadly the same person who was the in-house firearm expert is still employed by Morphy. I'll just say caveat emptor (always a good phrase to follow when acquiring via auctions) and leave it at that. This sale is being held at the Denver PA location it's not a horrible drive from Baltimore. About two hours, all highway miles. They do have a fantastic facility with amazing seating and pretty gals on staff. At least you feel like you're getting something for that crazy stiff 26 point vig. Good luck to anyone from MDS bidding!

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    So with fees it sold for basically $620k. You've really got to have your batteries charged on your mental calculator at auctions like this with very high fees. There were numerous items at this auction that sold well below the auction house's estimate, but once you add in fees it hit their mark pretty well. If the price + fees = good deal, it's still a good deal, even if 20% does go back to the auction house. Some may get hung up on the principle of the fees, and I totally get that. But a good deal is still a good deal to me.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    So with fees it sold for basically $620k. You've really got to have your batteries charged on your mental calculator at auctions like this with very high fees. There were numerous items at this auction that sold well below the auction house's estimate, but once you add in fees it hit their mark pretty well. If the price + fees = good deal, it's still a good deal, even if 20% does go back to the auction house. Some may get hung up on the principle of the fees, and I totally get that. But a good deal is still a good deal to me.

$492,000.00 includes fees. The last bid I saw posted was $400,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom