• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So I'm noticing an issue with the Huey. The mount appears to have loosened up, and it's moving forward and back on the rail. I can't tighten it any more and still install it. I'm NOT having this problem with the Eotech.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Have been using one of these on my zippy little CZ PCC. It’s pretty amazing how fast I can work a row of steel targets with both eyes open and that reticle just floating there showing the way. So far, very happy.

Attachments

• 04C16BDE-20A3-4483-8A2C-7D16FA66EDD1.jpg
      04C16BDE-20A3-4483-8A2C-7D16FA66EDD1.jpg
      120.7 KB · Views: 338

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Call Vortex. Maybe they'll replace it with a Gen2.

My UH-1 just arrived at Vortex today for repairs. Elevation suddenly stopped tracking...its super erratic now and the tension on the adjustment screw is nearly gone, allowing me to turn the elevation adjustment with just the pad of my finger.

Fingers crossed for a gen 2! But I imagine they’ve got a lot of interchangeable parts and will just fix it. Likely just an erector problem.

Love it, though. I prefer the reticle over Eotech.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Call Vortex. Maybe they'll replace it with a Gen2.

Just got my UH-1 back from Vortex on Friday. For mine, the elevation stopped tracking...seems the erector system went bad on me.

Per their paperwork they confirmed the issue and sent me a brand new one. It's a Gen 1 though. I'm totally fine with that, just found it interesting because in the months leading up to the Gen 2 release, the UH-1 was nowhere to be found. Seems Vortex keeps a certain number of each model in stock. Would have been a nice surprise for a gen2!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    How much of a price difference between a gen 1 and gen 2 ?
    Gen 1 has been out of stock for months, probably since they were getting blown out in January or February. I think $300 was the cheapest I saw it, with more around $350-$400. The gen 2 is about $499 retail, but I expect to be able to grab one for $400-$450 on sale once demand has settled down.

In the current market I would expect to pay $350ish for a used Gen1. Premium Vortex optics tend to hold value well since their warranty is so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom