• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    i need suggestions im lookin for a good holster to open carry with in delaware im lookin at a safariland model 6005. good choice or not ? suggestions are welcome, thanx in advance. p.s. id also like a light baring one if possible bc im getting a streamlight trl1s for xmas.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    The Safariland is a good choice. I hope you are aware of the "special" people that live in DE. Expect to be harassed.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Bladetech and Safariland are nice. I prefer Baldetech because they have more light/laser options for combat handguns, they tend to be a little more affordable compared to safariland.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    You may want to browse through the Delaware Open Carry forums and get a feel for the areas where you may have trouble. I can guarantee you University of Delaware has an opinion on open carry and they own pretty much all of Newark.

http://deloc.org/

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    well thanks guys appreciate it so far, ive been going through all sorts of junk for de. as far as i can tell dover city limits, state parks and the usual state/federal bulidings are off limits but other than that its fair game ,cant remeber the exact location i think its section 1 article 20 of de state constitution that basically deems anything is legal to do as long as its not deemed illegal. will continue to read up and comprehend the law. clandestine ill check out bladetech see what they have to offer and thanks to u wsm haha im aware of those kinda people ill cross that bridge when i get to it.

rglrguy

Dec 15, 2010
    Harford
    well thanks guys appreciate it so far, ive been going through all sorts of junk for de. as far as i can tell dover city limits, state parks and the usual state/federal bulidings are off limits but other than that its fair game ,cant remeber the exact location i think its section 1 article 20 of de state constitution that basically deems anything is legal to do as long as its not deemed illegal. will continue to read up and comprehend the law. clandestine ill check out bladetech see what they have to offer and thanks to u wsm haha im aware of those kinda people ill cross that bridge when i get to it.

Don't forget GFSZA's 1000ft from k-12 school grounds. I find this to be the most difficult thing to stay aware of when I'm carrying.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    got u thanks rgl ill keep that in mind as well, kilroy i like serpas but i havent found a drop leg by the company thatll fit my px4

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    hey clandestine thank you i think ima end up going the bladetech path found a level 2 thigh rig just the way i wanted it.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    got u thanks rgl ill keep that in mind as well, kilroy i like serpas but i havent found a drop leg by the company thatll fit my px4

I know they sell a SERPA for the PX4, doesn't the holster just attach to their drop leg platform? Checked their website really quickly, can't tell for sure...

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    if it does id be a happy camper ima call them monday and finf out either way blade tech or serpa good choice all around thanks evryone.

bfreeder00

Apr 27, 2009
    Delaware/ Iraq
    I OC everywhere I can legally in DE, but please be prepared for more than your fair share of strange looks and questions if your walking around with a drop leg on. I use a Serpa holster for now on my Kimber, but would never consider walking around OC'ing with a drop leg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom