• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Interestingly, this was basically because they had no idea what dealers currently charge. When they discussed this during the voting session for SB208 where they first passed this out of committee, they were worried a cap would make it impossible for dealers to comply if it was too low, which they didn't want to do, and they were worried a higher cap meant all dealers would charge the max, so leaving it "reasonable" would encourage competition and lower pricing. Which version had the $30 cap?

The original 12 amendments that came out with SB208 had $30. They amended it back to reasonable fee on the floor yesterday.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    It appears (based on the agenda) that HB4 and SB208 will not be on the Senate floor today. I'm going to listen to the session and will report if I hear anything. They normally don't discuss something that's not on the agenda unless it's an emergency.

If you're curious, I've had to stay home from work yesterday and today to wrangle our homeschooled son. My wife is out of town.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Man, I am getting real tired of seeing that witch Atrerbeary's name. I was happily ignorant of this person's existence before this year.

Hypothetical question, though: Say I and my buddy meet just over the state line in WV. I gift my non-regulated shotgun to him there, making him the lawful owner, fill out and sign a dated receipt, and snap a selfie to show we were there.

Since he's now the lawful owner of the non-regulated firearm, and it was conducted in a state without this abortion of justice they call law, and we have proof we were there... How can they enforce this?

Like I stated in a previous thread, even with selling a regulated firearm out of state, MSP doesn't care as long as it's out of the state, but if it's not regulated, how can they stop us from bringing it back in, just under a different owner?

TLDR; If you sell a buddy a non-regulated gun in another state, making them the owner there and keeping proof to back it up, can the idiots in Annapolis claim you broke the law?

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Man, I am getting real tired of seeing that witch Atrerbeary's name. I was happily ignorant of this person's existence before this year.

Hypothetical question, though: Say I and my buddy meet just over the state line in WV. I gift my non-regulated shotgun to him there, making him the lawful owner, fill out and sign a dated receipt, and snap a selfie to show we were there.

Since he's now the lawful owner of the non-regulated firearm, and it was conducted in a state without this abortion of justice they call law, and we have proof we were there... How can they enforce this?

Like I stated in a previous thread, even with selling a regulated firearm out of state, MSP doesn't care as long as it's out of the state, but if it's not regulated, how can they stop us from bringing it back in, just under a different owner?

TLDR; If you sell a buddy a non-regulated gun in another state, making them the owner there and keeping proof to back it up, can the idiots in Annapolis claim you broke the law?

You just violated federal law, since you are a Maryland resident and performed a firearms transfer in another state without using a dealer.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    You just violated federal law, since you are a Maryland resident and performed a firearms transfer in another state without using a dealer.

Ahh, right. :facepalm: Not sure how I forgot about the federal side of it, ridiculous as it is that where I'm from versus where I am makes a difference as to what I do with my own property. Dang, I'm so used to MGA'S *cough*unconstitutional*cough* laws being so assininely inept that there's a glaring legal way around it. :P

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I missed this. The 3/3 JPR committee vote on HB4 fav w/amendments was 6-5 with Sen. West casting the Yea vote. Sens. Smith and Young voted Nay.

That means that HB4 continues on its path because of Sen. West.

The question is what those amendments were. SB208 started out identical to HB0004, and was amended to remove the loan language, among other things. If those amendments bring HB0004 in line with what SB208 is, then JPC passing it isn't that big a deal.

But that's only if it was amended to bring it into line with SB0208. And we won't know that until 2nd Reader, IIRC.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The question is what those amendments were. SB208 started out identical to HB0004, and was amended to remove the loan language, among other things. If those amendments bring HB0004 in line with what SB208 is, then JPC passing it isn't that big a deal.

But that's only if it was amended to bring it into line with SB0208. And we won't know that until 2nd Reader, IIRC.

We know what those amendments were.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016

Does not include temporary gratuitous exchange of a shotgun or rifle. Am I reading that correctly?
    5eea3938818871954538cecac405033d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

I’m sorry, but ANY anti gun bill or amendment in said bills IS a big deal. That’s why Maryland is such a anti gun s$i+ hole because many gun owners are ok with continually “compromising”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom