• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    Letter sent to my Rep and senators. Probably put in circular file but I keep writing and educating perhaps one day it will sink in.

PS - I always address my "employees" by their 1st names. The "Honorable" this and that are faux titles and only subjects address their heads of state in such manner. "We The People" are the pinnacle of the government.

Preface:

10/2013
    California’s 4th District (Division 1) Court of Appeal just held that the Second Amendment does not apply to semi-automatic firearms like “AK” platform rifles. Click here to read the decision. “We construe Heller as standing for the proposition that the right secured by the Second Amendment is ‘not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose’ (Heller, supra, 554 U.S. at p. 626), but is instead the right to possess and carry weapons typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes such as hunting or self-defense . . . We agree with James that the ban on AK series rifles does not impinge on rights protected by the Second Amendment because assault weapons ‘are at least as dangerous and unusual as the short-barreled shotgun’ (James, supra, 174 Cal.App.4th at p. 677), which Miller concluded (with apparent approval from Heller) was outside the scope of the Second Amendment’s guarantee. (James, at pp. 674-675.)”

Elijah, Ben, Barb,

I can only hope that you are not as ignorant as these 4th District California judges. Apparently they never studied history or learned the REASON for the 2nd Amendment. As we all know…

– A well regulated {Oxford Dict 1791 “regulated” – to be regular, well prepared} Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, {defense against all enemies foreign and domestic} the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd Amendment’s PRIMARY purpose – was for DEFENSE against tyranny. The founders wanted EVERY man to bear and keep arms similar to the soldier of the standing army; whatever arms with which the solider was personally equipped – so too should the American citizen be equally equipped.

Please, learn some history, respect the Constitution and for God’s sake stop making criminals out of law abiding citizens. Attack the real problems: mental health, criminals, bad parenting, bad schooling {dumbing down society} and much more…

Perhaps if we had an honest conversation instead of demonizing an object, a tool, a piece of steel… we could actually solve the problem.

Please consider me your “Maven of Munitions,” I will teach you all the good there is in firearms, and the reason we need them, they are not scary when you understand them.

Sincerely,

Dr. JL Underwood

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    "Dear Mr. Arms:"

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your concerns. Let me assure you that I have the deepest respect for our Second Amendment rights.

The Supreme Court has held that all rights, including those set forth in the Bill of Rights, are subject to reasonable regulation for the protection of all of us. While I support your right to hunt, society demands that certain restrictions be placed upon our rights to own and use firearms.

Once again, let me thank you for taking the time to write to me.

Sincerely,

Etc."

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    The Supreme Court has held that all rights, including those set forth in the Bill of Rights, are subject to reasonable regulation for the protection of all of us. While I support your right to hunt, society demands that certain restrictions be placed upon our rights to own and use military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips not necessary for defending your home.
    FTFY :mad54: :sad20:

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    With MD politicians, I wouldn’t even expect a letter back. I’ve written to my reps multiple times, on various issues. They don’t even write back when I applaud them for doing something good.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    "Dear Mr. Arms:"

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your concerns. Let me assure you that I have the deepest respect for our Second Amendment rights.

The Supreme Court has held that all rights, including those set forth in the Bill of Rights, are subject to reasonable regulation for the protection of all of us. While I support your right to hunt, society demands that certain restrictions be placed upon our rights to own and use firearms.

Once again, let me thank you for taking the time to write to me.

Sincerely,

Etc."

P.S. You are now on our list and we will be watching you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom