• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    an old HOBIN. single shot bolt action. given to my by my dad about 65 years ago..

doesn't strike the rim anymore though. needs a new bolt or bolt work at the minimum

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Springfield Model 87A that had been my dad's and he gave to me when I hit 10.

All y'all Lower Alley and Manor types, we lived in Manor on Beverly from June 72 and I moved out early 78. Went to CZMHS.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Magruder

Springfield Model 87A that had been my dad's and he gave to me when I hit 10.

All y'all Lower Alley and Manor types, we lived in Manor on Beverly from June 72 and I moved out early 78. Went to CZMHS.

Nice. I do not see your posts often on the threads I peruse. Good seeing you post , as well as SlingBlade.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Wifey grew up on Essington in Manor. Our wedding reception was at Manor Country Club. The Thompson twins went to school with us at RHS. THeir dad owned Bish Thompsons and they lived in Flower Valley.

I worked at the Rustlers in twinbrook in HS. hahahaha Gentleman Jims pizza was awesome then. My math teacher co owned the twinbrook tap room. I think I mentioned this before.

We graduated in 84.

Graduated in 86. Don’t remember the Twinbrook rap room but did visit Gentlemen Jim’s a few times. Didn’t belong to Manor CC but played there once or twice. My best friend’s dad was a starter there for several years.
    Small world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Nice. I do not see your posts often on the threads I peruse. Good seeing you post , as well as SlingBlade.

I mostly lurk these days since questions are usually answered before I see them. Since I'm in Alabama now there's not much I can contribute to fighting the continued ass rape perpetrated by the General Asylum on all fronts, not just guns.

Boots215

NRA Endowment/Life Member
    Oct 25, 2016
    North of the Fort
    Now that is a unique first .22.

I bought an M100 also back in the 80's. It was fun to fire all 100 rounds on "full semi automatic".
    I was a kid, and thought it looked fun. It sure was. Sadly, I turned it, along with a few others, in to a PD in PA before moving to MD. Not worth any headaches.

Boots215

NRA Endowment/Life Member
    Oct 25, 2016
    North of the Fort
    Now that is a unique first .22.

I bought an M100 also back in the 80's. It was fun to fire all 100 rounds on "full semi automatic".
    I was a kid, and thought it looked fun. It sure was. Sadly, I turned it, along with a few others, in to a PD in PA before moving to MD. Not worth any headaches.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeap, back in the day.

And you could be firearms from Sears and Wards. Both even had their own branded lines. Wards had the Hercules line.

Also firearms at K-Mart. And a lot of rural hardware stores had them also.

bbaick

Nov 6, 2013
    A folding Springfield M6 Scout rifle. It was a .22/.410 combo. Although it wasn’t an original, I knew the Air Force used something like it in the 50’s-70’s.

I bought it from Schelin Guns in College Park. I still have the original receipt. It’s curled up, yellow, and fading. The rifle is still in great shape!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom