• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Marlin Glenfield Model 60. I saved up my money and bought it from KMart probably 1975ish. Actually my dad bought it, it was his first straw purchase.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    If there’s ever a civil war, there’ll be a remarkable number of tube fed Marlins zinging lead across the countryside.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Remmy speedmaster. Late 80’s model, matte finish.

cousins had same thing but blued finish and 10-15y older. But I really liked that classic semi.

Had it out a couple weeks ago and the wife and son were doing the target shooting! That was. Really nice day with the family. Pretty accurate considering the junk scope is the cheapo I got when I bought the gun.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    old Savage 6A probably from the late 30's or early to mid 40's.. My biological father gave it to me a few years ago. He hunted squirrels a lot. In great shape and is a great shooter. Barrel stamped Utica, NY, prior to their move to MA. It just works..

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yup! Another Stevens bolt action with a (5 round?) magazine. It was certainly every bit as accurate as any human who picked it up to shoot it. Still is! I'm getting a little verklempt, thinking back all those years.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My "Ted Williams" .22 sigle shot. I still have it.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      5.4 KB · Views: 208

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Marlin Glenfield Model 25.

A gift from my parents years ago. My first rimfire, first rifle and second firearm.

Lots and lots of memories in that .22 rifle! Just shot it last week! Still shoots as well as it ever did. Gone is the old 4x15 scope that was never much, but it served a kid's purposes in it's time. The old rifle wears a whole lot more clarity nowadays! :)

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Never got handed down to me, but my goto as a kid was my dad's Remington 511 Scoremaster. Got stolen around 81 or 82 by the local crackhead on a break in.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It was a Sears and robucks semi that is tube fed with a “ compensator” looking thing on the end and with thin slots cut in it and matching cuts in the tin that is opposite and on top of the chamber

Grandad gave it to me when I grew out of my red Ryder, I was maybe 6-7

No model number or serial number on it just the sears and robucks name and address

It was kinda older when he gave it to me nearly 50 years ago, it’s around here somewhere or maybe I putbit outta state, I can’t really remember

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    The first .22 rimfire I shot was my Dad's Westernfield bolt action.

The first .22 rimfire I owned was a 6" Smith & Wesson Model 17. It was a college graduation gift from my parents. My degree was in law enforcement and Dad thought it would allow me cheap practice, must have worked, my first qualification score when I got hired with the Federal Protective Service was 298/300.

The first one I ever bought was a Ruger 10/22.

.....and yes, we still have all of them.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The first .22 rimfire I shot was my Dad's Westernfield bolt action.

The first .22 rimfire I owned was a 6" Smith & Wesson Model 17. It was a college graduation gift from my parents. My degree was in law enforcement and Dad thought it would allow me cheap practice, must have worked, my first qualification score when I got hired with the Federal Protective Service was 298/300.

The first one I ever bought was a Ruger 12/22.

.....and yes, we still have all of them.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

I'm noticing a fairly consistent pattern here that most of us still have our first .22. :thumbsup:

And where did you get a Ruger 12/22? Mine was only 10 shot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom