• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Florida’s Semi-Auto Rifle Ban Gaining Ground With Republican Donor’s Support

As we reported earlier, there is a push to pass an “assault weapons” ban in Florida via a ballot initiative to amend the state constitution. This is being spearheaded by Ban Assault Weapons NOW (BAWN), a bipartisan group of gun-grabbers made up of Republican and Democrat authoritarians who want to see law-abiding Floridians disarmed.

Now their effort is gaining political ground and financial support.

Republican Party big wig donor Al Hoffman has joined the fray. After Parkland, he announced that he wouldn’t support any Republican candidate unless they back gun control. Republican officials like Rep. Brian Mast folded like a cheap suit.

Now Hoffman is throwing his money behind BAWN’s efforts.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    holy crap. surprised/disappointed to see the names/positions on there - generals, DNI, directors of two Academies. and surprised/disappointed to see this come out of florida.

it's an all-out, across the country, battle against us (and the 2A).

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    holy crap. surprised/disappointed to see the names/positions on there - generals, DNI, directors of two Academies. and surprised/disappointed to see this come out of florida.

it's an all-out, across the country, battle against us (and the 2A).

I think they always do that they go looking through all the generals and Admirals they can just to try and find the few who agree with them. The one guy Suddath they mentioned has got to be in his 80s by now and probably retired before the Berlin Wall even fell. Not that age should be a disqualifier for a respectable opinion but I'm just saying that's how far back they must be going to look to find people to sign on to this.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Perhaps folks shouldnt depend on states that have become refuges for Northeast liberals to protect their gun rights. Just look where folks fleeing these heavy regulatory, heavy tax, horrible gun law states to, and don't move there. Florida, Colorado, Texas, they'll all be overrun in a decade with the current demographic displacement trend.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I think they always do that they go looking through all the generals and Admirals they can just to try and find the few who agree with them. The one guy Suddath they mentioned has got to be in his 80s by now and probably retired before the Berlin Wall even fell. Not that age should be a disqualifier for a respectable opinion but I'm just saying that's how far back they must be going to look to find people to sign on to this.

Definitely not a group of current GOV, military, or entertainment industry A-listers there.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    The movie was supposed to be critical commentary, not a "how to" guide ...

Attachments

• brawndo_logo_bawn.jpg
      brawndo_logo_bawn.jpg
      38.9 KB · Views: 438

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    The measure would need to pass by at least 60 percent.

A Florida Atlantic University poll conducted in the weeks after the Parkland shooting found 69 percent of Floridians in support of a ban of assault-style rifles.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Voting with your feet is failing as a strategy.

The left is inundating all the red states like Texas, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Arizona, NC, and SC. In a few years these states will be like VA. Florida is already at the tipping point.

When white Americans wake up and realize they are the devil that the left wants to make obsolete, I’d rather be in the Midwest, specifically the upper Midwest. I may have to go back to Wisconsin. I loved it there. Quite a difference from NYC, where I grew up.

Last edited:

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    It’d be nice if the Florida GOP / Rick DeSantis took a stand and had the GOP drop those morons from the party.

Apparently all it takes is a school for the kids of rich democrats getting attacked by one of their own after the school tried to cover up his problems for the entire state down there to throw their rights in the garbage.

If it passes you can check off the “ballot box” pretty officially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom