PP Aerial Banner Towed Over Statehouse Today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Don't know if this is true , heard from a third party . They are going to sneak the long gun bill in , i don't know the language of said bill or if anyone has a handle on it or even if it is true .

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    I'm a sucker for a good towed banner/sky-writing troll. Strong work indeed, you've just joined some pretty legendary company!

Attachments

• 100005731-d47cd835-90e1-44d6-b088-de626ea7124e.jpg
      100005731-d47cd835-90e1-44d6-b088-de626ea7124e.jpg
      28 KB · Views: 463
    • DkV5UvaUUAApfqZ.jpg
      DkV5UvaUUAApfqZ.jpg
      20.5 KB · Views: 472

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I can see an emergency bill being passed by both houses this afternoon creating a no-fly zone around the statehouse.

:rolleyes:

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Maybe or could be , got it from a text with limited info. Maybe someone can ask that is in Naptown

Either it's the HBAR or the long gun qualification license since that got killed earlier. Otherwise the rest is still in play. Seems they're determined to pass the private sale ban.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I can see an emergency bill being passed by both houses this afternoon creating a no-fly zone around the statehouse.

Nope. That's FAA turf. Not that the MGA would miss an opportunity to give the finger to federal preemption of an agency with statutory authority, let alone to to the constitution.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Nope. That's FAA turf. Not that the MGA would miss an opportunity to give the finger to federal preemption of an agency with statutory authority, let alone to to the constitution.

Dude, it was a joke.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Dude, it was a joke.

You'd be surprised how many municipalities, counties, and even country clubs or suburban moms routinely attempt to assert control over "their" air space. And it's frequently political. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me for a second to see some sort of knee-jerk attempt at squashing this sort of thing because it's not "fair" to the MOMs and whatnot. We've reached a point where any kind of political theatricality is magnificent if it's for the left, and must be crushed if it ever pushes back against them.

Since MD liberals already consider the WWNC thing to be a sure sign of domestic terrorism, they'll probably call this an air strike, or no different than 9/11, or some similarly hyperbolic insanity. Which makes it delicious. Kudus to those involved for getting under their skin (and above their heads). You'll never change their minds, but it's fun to watch their blood pressure go up to 1000 feet right next to that Cessna!

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Since MD liberals already consider the WWNC thing to be a sure sign of domestic terrorism, they'll probably call this an air strike, or no different than 9/11, or some similarly hyperbolic insanity. Which makes it delicious. Kudus to those involved for getting under their skin (and above their heads). You'll never change their minds, but it's fun to watch their blood pressure go up to 1000 feet right next to that Cessna!

That would be funny if not so close to the truth.

Oh, and seeing that banner was a glorious thing. Well done, PP.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You'd be surprised how many municipalities, counties, and even country clubs or suburban moms routinely attempt to assert control over "their" air space. And it's frequently political. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me for a second to see some sort of knee-jerk attempt at squashing this sort of thing because it's not "fair" to the MOMs and whatnot. We've reached a point where any kind of political theatricality is magnificent if it's for the left, and must be crushed if it ever pushes back against them.

You do control a certain zone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Causby

If you read the case, the court held that in this case flights between 83 feet (the lowest an airplane flew over his property) and 365 feet were considered to have trespassed on the landowner's property rights in this case.

There is no hard an fast as to what a landowner can really own. Especially in the age of drones. That said, with what the court found, that you have a right to erect buildings, grow trees, erect towers and have the peaceable enjoyment of your land, you can probably easily argue you own at least 100 feet up and probably a lot more. Probably the smaller and/or less annoying a drone or whatever, the closer it could be to "above your property" and not really be considered spoiling your peaceable enjoyment of your property and thus be considered a trespass.

I know that is sort of off topic, but thought I'd throw it out there. Sort of a "don't be a flaming A-hole and use some common sense" (IE don't fly a drone 20 feet over your neighbor's head, but if you are flying a Cessna at 800ft, the property owner can kiss off).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Even the MOMs are checking it out.

324a1d8fb21e770c20d055826716bebe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Lol, priceless. Ah, what profanities they must have uttered after figuring out what it said.
    Bryan Sears got a good shot.

5666c323102b2eb6c98c9a09a6889098.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    If you get the original image from him, post it up. That's a keeper. :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom