Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I can’t forget them not releasing handguns before 10/1/2013

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Freestate has an issue with me carrying with a CCW. I haven’t been back

I'm not aware of any gun shop that allows people to come in carrying a loaded handgun. I have my permit to carry, and always unload and case it in the parking lot before I go in.

arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Was not going to post this because I have always had good experiences there.
    My bad yesterday took a new 12 ga to test it out. Took #4 buck after calling and them saying buckshot no slugs. Speed issues. Anyway the guy said no to the #4. Bought a 5 pk of 00 buck. A little pissed
    Went to lane 3. Hung my target by the paper clips instead of the claw grips. The target was not really wide enough. Just as I send it out I here this yell from in back of me. It startled me. To hang the target by the claw things. My bad again.
    Hate to fire 12 ga on my shoulder so had it in position to shoot from hip. Heard a loud yell. Startled me. Was told shoulder fire only.
    Almost told the person to shove it up his ass.
    Anyay was in lane only 20 minutes. To test 12ga and a new pistol
    So with lane, 2 targets, a five pack of buckshot, I expected a higher total then the 10.80 the girl charged me. So I guess all is forgiven.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I can’t forget them not releasing handguns before 10/1/2013

Freestate held out and refused to release after the 7 days too. Then magically changed their mind right as the law got near taking affect, I suspect because they were running out of storage space. That's why I've never bought another gun from them.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    Continental has been great since the tall curly haired guy was let go. Even though it's a little more money, I've been buying some firearms there because the customer service has been superb and they are convenient. Tim did my re-certification class upstairs which was fine.

You can't do head shot because it can hit the cables which are a pain to restring and it knocks a lane down for the day. My only gripe is you can't shoot higher velocity firearms, no 5.56 or 308 and no buck shot.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I'm not aware of any gun shop that allows people to come in carrying a loaded handgun. I have my permit to carry, and always unload and case it in the parking lot before I go in.

Walk into continental, show them a CCW and walk into the range, been a few years but that’s how we always came in.

And I wasn’t even at freestate to shoot. I was doing a transfer and got out my CCW card to take the numbers off it, and the lady commented “you have a CCW?” Got a little hissy about not telling her” I finished my paperwork and when I came back a week later there was a sign “only uniformed police may carry into the building, all else have to unload” that was 2013 so I’m paraphrasing.

Guess my rights don’t matter in their store, and I haven’t been back and won’t ever go back.

If you’re legal to carry CCW, and the store doesn’t allow it, they’re hypocrits of the 2nd amendment.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Continental has been great since the tall curly haired guy was let go. Even though it's a little more money, I've been buying some firearms there because the customer service has been superb and they are convenient. Tim did my re-certification class upstairs which was fine.

You can't do head shot because it can hit the cables which are a pain to restring and it knocks a lane down for the day. My only gripe is you can't shoot higher velocity firearms, no 5.56 or 308 and no buck shot.

They only allow buckshot.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    If you are familiar with indoor gun ranges, you'll be fine. Dont bring steel core ammo. No pics and video, but this may have changed. Un-case guns at the lane,not the table behind it. I've been there many times and find it a good range. Rates are better than others around. And no head shots.

They allow you to take pictures or video in your lane. I went there the first time on Saturday. Wasn't waiting in Freestate's 2.5 hour wait. Since it was my first time we read through the range rules. States no cell phone calls or texts, but photo's ok in your lane.

I liked the range. Everyone was friendly. Really like the retail space too. There were a few custom bolt guns that I would have loved to grab haha

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Continental are good folks. The guy watching the range will leave you alone once he realizes you've got your act together. They get all kinds, and some do need to be supervised.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Continental are good folks. The guy watching the range will leave you alone once he realizes you've got your act together. They get all kinds, and some do need to be supervised.

I'm sure thats any range. While my friend and I were there a guy decides to uncase his carbine outside of the lane and the muzzle was pointed right at my friend. I pulled him back just to get him out of the way. I will never understand how hard it is to uncase/recase inside the lane. It's one of the top rules of any range.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I thought they had changed the pic/video rule. I wasn't sure. It's a good indoor range. It's got a great location. As I said, if you are familiar with indoor ranges, not much is a surprise. Freedom in Glen Rock requires a membership and the the rates end up being a little higher. FreeState has a different fee scheme, I've been told it is also higher. I've only had one run in with a RSO at Continental. And it wasn't me that did anything. I actually had a good friend of the owner's son with me. He was shooting very fast and his round were way off the target. Simply asked to slow down. Mainly because he was wasting his money.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I'm sure thats any range. While my friend and I were there a guy decides to uncase his carbine outside of the lane and the muzzle was pointed right at my friend. I pulled him back just to get him out of the way. I will never understand how hard it is to uncase/recase inside the lane. It's one of the top rules of any range.

People are idiots/lazy/don’t care. I bet the primary reason is because there’s so much less room to uncase in a lane.

Not saying it’s right, just postulating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    People are idiots/lazy/don’t care. I bet the primary reason is because there’s so much less room to uncase in a lane.

Not saying it’s right, just postulating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If they can't manage a carbine or rifle within the lane, leave it home :D

I get it though, people are just in their own world. Doesn't matter how great the range is, can't fix those people. If they didn't exist, there'd be no need for RSO's haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom