• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Its a great time. About 1.5 hours from Fredrick, MD

They have a no kill no pay rule.

They let you choose animals or walk away without a bill.

They have a spring bow hunt special coming up where they have a flat fee like $325 and they allow 60 animals go no matter what it is...

Super great guys and class acts.

That close from frederick? I'll look into it

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Its a great time. About 1.5 hours from Fredrick, MD

They have a no kill no pay rule.

They let you choose animals or walk away without a bill.

They have a spring bow hunt special coming up where they have a flat fee like $325 and they allow 60 animals go no matter what it is...

Super great guys and class acts.

Is it a guided hunt or you go on your own? If I can choose not to bring back the killed animal instead let them keep it, how does that affect the price?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If you are going to kill a beast, at least make sure the meat goes to a food bank or something. There are plenty of families that will happily take the meat. Many years I kill far more deer than my family can possibly eat, I never have a problem finding a home for it.

Honestly though, meat does not come in little Styrofoam packages full of hormones and chemicals. I don't know where people think meat comes from. The only difference between hunting and farming is that about 15,000 years ago someone invented a fence to contain the wild animals so they would not have to trek so far for a hunt. Of course, over time, we bred them ("domesticated") to practically walk into the butcher shop and kill themselves. Nevertheless, meat still comes in same package it did 15,000 years ago.

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    Is it a guided hunt or you go on your own? If I can choose not to bring back the killed animal instead let them keep it, how does that affect the price?

Guide is optional and they usually only ask that you tip them ( I gave them $50 each animal) but last few times we all went in alone.

Due to the nature of Russian Boars they require bow hunters to carry a pistol or go with a guide to and from the tree stands.

I've seen them attack and they are pretty persistent!

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    If you are going to kill a beast, at least make sure the meat goes to a food bank or something. There are plenty of families that will happily take the meat. Many years I kill far more deer than my family can possibly eat, I never have a problem finding a home for it.

Honestly though, meat does not come in little Styrofoam packages full of hormones and chemicals. I don't know where people think meat comes from. The only difference between hunting and farming is that about 15,000 years ago someone invented a fence to contain the wild animals so they would not have to trek so far for a hunt. Of course, over time, we bred them ("domesticated") to practically walk into the butcher shop and kill themselves. Nevertheless, meat still comes in same package it did 15,000 years ago.

That's what I was thinking. Either let them keep the meat for a lower hunting charge on my part, or donate the meat to some person or organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom