• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    And stupid. You forgot stupid. He's running only on his NAACP record.

But, he's still a Democrat and Hogan is still a Republican. Most MD Democrats are going to vote Democrat no matter what and the partisan hatred for President Trump will boost that this time around. Trump wasn't considered a threat back when Gov Hogan was elected because the Dems figured that the Presidency was in the bag with Clinton. Now it's different.

The ratio of Democrats to Republicans is over 2 to 1 in Maryland. If Hogan wins it will be very close.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    But, he's still a Democrat and Hogan is still a Republican. Most MD Democrats are going to vote Democrat no matter what and the partisan hatred for President Trump will boost that this time around. Trump wasn't considered a threat back when Gov Hogan was elected because the Dems figured that the Presidency was in the bag with Clinton. Now it's different.

The ratio of Democrats to Republicans is over 2 to 1 in Maryland. If Hogan wins it will be very close.
    If Hogan loses by one vote, we all get to punch eruby in the face. :thumbsup:

:D

If I do not vote for Hogan next election, and he loses by one vote, I will allow any MDS member who wishes, to punch me in the face.

That is if you can get me out of my basement where I'll be drinking coffee, clacking on a keyboard. :D

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

Libertarian-leaning oldest son of mine finally registered with a party so he could vote in the primaries.

One discussion ive had with my now-voting-age younger other son is, the merits of registering with the party you generally oppose, so as to vote for non-viable candidates in the primaries.

I asked older kid why we registered the way he did, and what did he register as. He said D, because if they use the number or registered Ds and Rs to determine districts, he wanted to be included as a D so that he could better vote against them. The constant emphasis on critical thinking instead of just rote learning (at home, not necessarily at school) is paying off.

Dont be so sure that the number registered with each party reflects how people vote. Think DINO and RINO too. Plus, consider folks like myself who were once firmly established to one political side, but have started voting the other, but have not "updated" their party affiliation.

My "litmus test" has changed from one opposed by republicans, to one supported by them. I now work diligently to oppose a party i am registered as a member of, and have historically supported, but at the end of the day, I find it increasingly difficult if not unconscionable to continue in that vein.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016

I do have some super liberal family members who are thrilled with Hogan's performance and will vote for him even if he has that capital R that they hate next to his name. I have not looked to deeply at Ben Jealous' policies as I like keeping my lunch in my stomach but I have noticed a split between the DNC itself, which will happily take what they think moral high ground on social issues that do not cost them a dime, and some of their voters. They will try to keep out candidates like Bernie who will cost their donors money. Just my observation anyway and I am open to being corrected. If Jealous is too interested in anything that harms the major banks, I can see a lot of rich suburban Democrats voting against him as long as the other choice hates guns and pays lip service to social justice.

I was thinking about voting for Shawn Quinn as I hate voting for the lesser of two evils. In my mind I am still endorsing some sort of "evil" if I vote defensively like that. But I have not made up my mind. I am trying to cram for the exam so to speak and look up the various judges and other officials on the ballot.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I was thinking about voting for Shawn Quinn as I hate voting for the lesser of two evils. In my mind I am still endorsing some sort of "evil" if I vote defensively like that. But I have not made up my mind. I am trying to cram for the exam so to speak and look up the various judges and other officials on the ballot.

I was holding my nose and pulling the Hogan lever until he had to open his mouth about Kavanaugh. I've come to the conclusion that until the moderate R's hurt from their action, nothing will change. Quinn has my vote and if this means Jealous wins, so be it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I was holding my nose and pulling the Hogan lever until he had to open his mouth about Kavanaugh. I've come to the conclusion that until the moderate R's hurt from their action, nothing will change. Quinn has my vote and if this means Jealous wins, so be it.

So in effect you're voting for Jealous. Got it.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

IMO Quinn isn't serious about winning. If he was he wouldn't be trash talking ALL the time on FB and would have been out knocking on doors this weekend instead of blasting off at AGC.

Not that having a candidate/governor who really likes to shoot is bad, but time spent pew pewing is taking time away from campaigning.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    SMH at people who say if you're not voting for Hogan then you're voting for Jealous. Do those of you realize how juvenile that sounds? I tried my best to stay away from peer pressure when I was younger and I'll be damned if I'll fall for it at 56.

It's called "math."

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If everyone who voted for Ross Perot instead held their nose and pulled for the Bush in 1992, Bill Clinton may not have been president. Think of all we'd have missed out on...:innocent0

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    So I guess those who voted for Bush wasted their vote on Bush when they could have voted for Perot and they helped to elect Bill Clinton?

Hmm interesting, based on Wikipedia numbers if either Bush or Perot had dropped out the other probably would have beat Clinton, Assumin the people would have voted for the other candidate. It’s to bad neither could win with the other in the race.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    News flash: Everyone in 1992 who voted for Ross Perot voted for Ross Perot.
    Yep, I did too. And I learned my lesson then. VERY rarely will an obscure party win. Quinn is more obscure than Wolf is at the moment. Splitting the vote doesn't help. It just makes the job of the opposition easier.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom